Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Administrative Assistant, Graduate Medical Education
Job ID: 167411
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2023
Work Schedule: 8:30AM-5:00PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Working under supervision, the GME Administrative Assistant responsibilities include planning, scheduling, and implementation of programs and assistance with general work of the GME Office as deemed necessary by the Director of Graduate Medical Education and Vice President and Associate Dean for GME. Serve as GME liaison between UPHS facilities and major affiliated institutions. Requires interaction with large number of constituent groups including faculty, house staff, program coordinators, administrators and corporate staff. Provide support to the Vice President and Associate Dean for GME, Associate DIO's, Directors of GME, and staff of the Office of GME. Coordinate meetings and projects pertaining to Graduate Medical Education.
- Manage, schedule, coordinate and confirm appointments, meetings and activities to ensure that all items critical to the Vice President of GME are completed in a timely manner. Prioritize requests for meetings with the Vice President accordingly and ensure prompt responses to all requests. This includes scheduling and arranging for virtual and in person meetings. Reserving rooms on the Perelman School of Medicine Online Reservation System and contacting various Departments for conference rooms when needed.
- Responsible for checking the PennGME email account and answering or directing emails to the appropriate person. Ensure telephones are answered in a timely and courteous manner and messages are taken accurately. Screen telephone calls and respond to routine inquiries for the Office of GME. Greeting and directing internal and external visitors and other individuals in a prompt, professional and pleasant manner. Record and relay messages promptly and concisely to appropriate office staff.
- Schedule, coordinate and confirm appointments, meetings and activities for the Office of GME as requested within the assigned time frame. This includes scheduling and arranging committee meetings and reserving rooms on the Perelman School of Medicine Online Reservation System. Contacting various Departments for conference rooms when needed.
- Manage and ensure compliance for rotators from outside institutions with reviewing all documentation submitted Including but not limited to Pennsylvania State Medical training license, rotation agreement between institutions, life support certification and GME rotation application and requesting required access to the Penn Medicine clinical systems.
- Maintain the Housestaff Wellness Center at HUP including but not limited to the initiation and completion of all maintenance requests with equipment and facilitate the cleaning as well as ordering supplies for the wellness center. This should be done as needed or on a bi-monthly basis.
- Verifications of completion of training for former housestaff as requested for licensure and hospital credentialing.
- Prepare check requests and purchase order requests as directed by the Director and /or Business Administrator / Manager for submission to the Accounts Payable Department.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining all office supplies.
- Provide support for the preparation, organization and coordination of the House Staff Orientation program as directed and monitored by Director.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 2+ years of Administrative experience (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of a computer and computer software, including word processing software (i.e., Access, Microsoft Word), spreadsheet application (i.e., Excel), and data base software (i.e., Access)
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams and One Drive).
- Must be able to work under supervision in a fast-paced professional academic environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, with excellent time management to meet demanding deadlines.
- Must take initiative and exercise discretion and professional and confidential communication.
- Ability to prioritize with excellent communication and organization skills is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the Graduate Medical Education team.
- Hours of work need to be flexible based on the needs of the office and may change during certain times of year.
- Require adaptability in responsibilities.
- Must be detail orientated and organized.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE