Job ID: 164289
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2023
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
· The PRN Ambulatory Nurse will support multiple outpatient Department of Surgery locations throughout Pennsylvania including Philadelphia, Radnor, Chester County, and Bryn Mawr on an as-needed basis.
· The PRN Ambulatory Nurse will support multiple outpatient divisions within the Department of Surgery including Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Urology, Thoracic Surgery, Endocrine and Oncologic Surgery, Breast Surgery, Colon and Rectal Surgery, GI Surgery, Trauma, and Plastic Surgery.
· The PRN Ambulatory Nurse is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
· The PRN Ambulatory Nurse possesses the knowledge, skills, and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the PRN Ambulatory Nurse position description addendum. The PRN Ambulatory Nurse exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
· The PRN Ambulatory Nurse independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. Assigned patients may range in age from infancy to the elderly. The PRN Ambulatory Nurse demonstrates within the competency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence-Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family-Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork (Definitions listed below).
· The PRN Ambulatory Nurse works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age-appropriate considerations of assigned patients.
· Evidence-Based Practice: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness.
· Safety: The nurse minimizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers, and self through system effectiveness and individual performance.
· Professionalism: The nurse demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, participation in a professional organization, and advancing community outreach.
· Person and Family-Centered Care: The nurse recognizes the patient (or the patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
· Leadership: The nurse effectively collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine. Informatics/Technology: The nurse utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making across the continuum.
· Teamwork: The nurse effectively engages in the process of cooperation, coordination, and collaboration in an effort to provide safe, quality outcomes for patients within inter and intra-professional teams, including virtual teams.
· Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): The nurse utilizes data and QI methods to identify potential and actual problems and opportunities to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.
· BLS (Required)
· Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
· Bachelor of Science Nursing (Required)
· Bachelor's degree Required- BSN from an accredited school of nursing and 12+ months relevant professional nursing experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.