Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Patient Care Tech FT Days- Princeton (1 Plainsboro Rd)
Job ID: 163747
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2023
Work Schedule: FT Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Patient Care Tech- Princeton- FT Days
- Assists nurses in the delivery of nursing care through participation in the nursing process. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests and representatives of other organizations as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff in support of the Medical Center's mission to provide consistent quality health care services in a professional, caring and responsive environment. Will demonstrate responsibility for individual performance and efficient utilization of products, supplies, and equipment. Will utilize time to insure the timely completion of duties and to promote financial viability through provision of services a reasonable cost.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill sspecific to a patient care technician in CCU (i.e. ADLs, patient hygiene, vital signs, obtaining weights; emptying and documenting of intake and output, obtaining blood sugar checks; positioning patients; lifting and turning patients; ambulation of patients.etc).
- Performs transports as requested (of patients, medications, supplies, and specimens).
- Performs and records nursing care activities, such as changes in a patient's condition, behavior, and unusual incidents consistent with established policies, procedures, and protocols, as delegated by the registered nurse responsible for the patient.
- Regularly performs job tasks in accordance with hospital and department policy and procedure, including appropriate use of equipment, machines, appropriate use in wearing of physical barriers and safety equipment.
- Assists in emergencies and codes according to established protocols.
- Promotes the Vision and Mission Statements of The Medical Center at Princeton and the philosophy of the Nursing Department.
- Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests, and representatives of other organizations as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff in support of the Medical Center's mission to povide consistent quality healthcare services in a professional, caring and responsive environment.
- Provides assistance in obtaining EKG on patients in urgent conditions; setting up tube feedigs; A-lines and wound care.
- Reports (and when appropriate, records) any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
- Maintains established Princeton HealthCare System Standards for customer service.
- Demonstrates and explains the importance of answering call bells promptly, with courtesy and with appropriate follow-up.
- Explains the importance of patient satisfaction, relaying complaints from patients, visitors, or other departments to the nursing staff promptly.
- Demonstrates telephone courtesy skills including answering to calls properly, identifying unit and self and coordinating messages.
- Establish and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Accountable for improving patient care through adherence to all patient safety and quality standards, regulations, and best practices.
- Participates in quality assurance activities on the unit by attending unit staff meetings and meeting annual required in-services standard and maintains competency through annual in-services and/or education.
- Cleans patient care equipment as directed. Obtains, stocks, and organizes patient care and unit supplies as assigned. Identifies and reports broken or malfunctioning equipment or needed repairs on the unit.
- Assists with admission or discharge of Critical Care patients according to specific duties:
- Admits / discharges patient in Affinity
- Admits patient to cardiac monitor
- Assigns patient to nurse into the WestCall System; directs physicians and visitors to nurse caring for patient.
- Prepares charts and maintains pages for documentation with patient labels.
- Prints patient labels
- Copies charts for patients being transferred to other facility
- Helps facilitate transfer or discharge arrangements by contacting the contracted ambulance provider and adheres to established protocols.
- Ensures completion of EMTALA forms
- Participates in keeping the nursing unit, (patient rooms, work stations, and hallways) clean and well organized.
- Maintains strict standards of confidentiality and adherence to HIPPA standards.
- Attends PHCS activities such as Town Meeting and CNO Chats or other organizational activities.
- Provides a variety of other duties related to being a member of the nursing team and other duties and projects as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Previous experience as a Nursing Assistant/Health Aid
Not required but prefer six months of Nursing Assistant experience or currently enrolled in LPN/RN nursing program with successful completion of Nursing I.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE