Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 168406
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Infusion Improvement Advisor is embedded in the Operations Improvement Department in the Clinical and Administrative Operations Division, Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine-3400 Civic Center Blvd and is charged with process improvement within the Infusion Department. The Infusion Improvement Advisor will evaluate processes and provide strategic and organizational performance improvement through consultation, technology enhancements, education, analysis and reporting. This position functions as a change agent, utilizing state-of-the-art performance improvement methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness in operations by working with HUP leadership and all levels of staff to identify opportunities and implement changes to improve processes supporting hospital operations. This role will be constantly evolving to meet organizational needs. The Improvement Specialist must be capable of forming relationships quickly at all levels in the organization to identify and implement identified changes.
- Communicates the mission, vision and goals of HUP Nursing Service in all interactions with nursing personnel and other disciplines/departments.
- Fosters collegial professional relationships within nursing services, across hospital departments and UPHS.
- Partners with leaders in other patient care disciplines to promote quality patient care.
- Uses interpersonal skills to affect learning and practice changes.
- Facilitate and lead various meetings across all levels of management.
- Work closely with hospital team members to deliver business process models and drive Process Improvement initiatives.
- Engage stakeholders and owners to gain common understanding of work scope
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain the process mapping activities and documentation
- Lead in the problem definition and reduce variation in tools and process used across hospital to eliminate waste. Responsible for determining the problem and make an analysis of the defects
- Determine the future state process analysis and documentation. Responsible for the analysis of the 'as is' and understanding the gaps and driving to a 'to be' future state process
- Drive, facilitate, and understand all parties and their goals and objectives. Facilitate and negotiate agreements with various parties who are involved. Understand all parties needs to drive for the final outcome
- Partner with Business Analysts to automate a process into requirements assimilation, analysis, and translation to technical requirements
- Deliver comprehensive process documentation for use in enterprise model.
- Manage and prioritize work items to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Identify and eliminate waste. Conduct value stream mapping to ensure customer perceived value
- Model, document, and put measurement systems in place for all processes
- Lead diverse teams to quickly move through large scale process efforts Planning & Facilitation
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- Lean Certification (Required)
- Lean Certification, Six Sigma Green or Black Belt, PMP, or other ASQ certification required
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Minimum 4 years of experience in clinical settings/relevant work experience
- Master of Arts or Science
- Nursing Leadership/Quality
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE