Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Director Princeton House Behavioral Health Outpatient Services - Hamilton, NJ
Job ID: 168274
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: FT
Location: Hamilton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Director at Princeton House Behavioral Health Outpatient Services in Hamilton, NJ will provide administrative oversight of Princeton House satellite office including facility management, marketing, resource management, and fiscal accountability. When appropriately credentialed, provide senior level clinical leadership in treatment planning and patient care, program development and refinement.
1.Provide senior level clinical expertise in treatment planning and patient care, as appropriate to credentials and experience.
- Oversee the development and refinement of programs offered within the site in collaboration with clinical managers, as appropriate to credentials and experience.
- Manage the site budget, including expenses associated with staff salaries, equipment and supplies. Control operating expenses within annual budgeted parameters.
- Collaborate with marketing team and management team to develop marketing plan which may include marketing programs through presentations and meetings with referral sources.
- Monitor daily census of site’s programs. Collaborate with marketing, operations, and clinical managers to attain budgeted census and revenue levels.
- Assure exemplary site performance in the areas of patient access, staff productivity, utilization management, and patient registration / charge entry in collaboration with Clinical Managers, Director of Admissions, Director of Utilization Management, Office Management Supervisor and Medical Director.
- Ensure that the site provides an efficient, effective and patient-sensitive continuum of care with the main campus’ inpatient units.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance Office Manager and Clinical Managers in collaboration with the Office Management Supervisor and other Directors.
- Collaborate with Clinical Managers and Clinical Directors to ensure the training and education of program staff supports the implementation of best practices in accordance with population specific best practices.
- Ensure that the program remains in compliance with various regulatory bodies including Joint commission, Medicare, Medicaid, and the New Jersey Department of Human Services.
- Participate in the preparation and revision of policies and procedures pertaining to Princeton House’s overall outpatient service programs of Princeton House.
- Participate in hospital and program performance improvement program and goals. Work with Clinical Managers and Clinical Directors to develop unit specific performance improvement initiatives and meetings.
- Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborate with other caregivers / staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Participate in the outpatient telephone on call system.
- Minimum Education: Master's degree in social sciences or doctorate in psychology required. Bachelor's degree in nursing will be considered for candidates with substantial experience in behavioral health.
Related Work Experience
- Minimum Experience: Five years' experience in a mental health field with two years supervisory experience. Previous experience in site management for behavioral health programs.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE