Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Masters Physician Assistant - Full Time Days - EP Outpatient at HUP
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 169710
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 26, 2023
Work Schedule: Full Time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Division of Electrophysiology has an exciting opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join the Advanced Practice team in their very busy outpatient EP practice at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
The HUP Electrophysiology Program is among the largest and most recognized in the country. Our outpatient team includes 14 NPs/PAs who provide highest quality care in collaboration with sixteen EP physicians and other members of the health care team. Distinct functions of the position include performance of H&Ps, pacemaker and ICD interrogations, clinical decision making, and patient management including antiarrhythmic pharmacotherapy and patient / family teaching. Members of the team participate in a full range of research activities, are encouraged to become active members of the Heart Rhythm Society and lecture at PENN EP CME events. This position reports through the Department of Advanced Practice.
All nurse practitioners and physician assistants function under the guidelines designed by the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center medical staff guidelines and are credentialed through that body. The CRNP or PA hired by the Department of Advanced Practice will be held accountable through a formal job description, the delineation of privileges, and their agreement with their collaborating/supervising physician who has initiated a Collaborative Practice Agreement. All clinical work hours and associated requirements will be defined and managed under the direction of the collaborating physician/division designee, and within the Human Resource guidelines.
Program highlights from the past year:
• 10,000 office visits at 4 Penn Medicine clinic locations
• >600 A-Fib ablations
• >250 VT ablations
• >600 device implants
• Investigational site for the latest industry clinical trials and investigator-initiated studies seeking to advance safety and efficacy of EP procedures
As an advanced practitioner at HUP, you will be an integral part of one of the premier electrophysiology programs in the world! We believe that your life will be enriched should you become a Penn Medicine employee and we thank you for your interest in our organization.
- All Physician Assistants function under the guidelines as designed by Penn Medicine medical staff and are credentialed through that body. The Physician Assistant will be held accountable through a formal job description, delineation of privileges, and through a Written Practice Agreement with their supervising physician. All clinical work hours and associated requirements will be defined and managed under the direction of the supervising physician and within the Human Resource guidelines.
- The Physician Assistant will contribute to excellence in education, leadership, professionalism, and clinical practice.
- Provides direct clinical care for patient population according to established protocols and utilizes evidence based practice standards in collaboration with team.
- Maintains accurate and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with organizational standards in electronic medical records.
- Identifies self properly to the patient and family and clarifies the role of Physician Assistant if necessary.
- The Physician Assistant shall function within their scope and refer to the supervising physician when outside of scope, and/or directed by the supervising physician, or when requested by the patient.
- Performs interventions specific to assigned patient population and written agreement.
- Participates in the performance improvement processes to meet quality of care and service standards.
- Demonstrates awareness of professional responsibility as role model to peers and members of the health care team.
- Perform approved therapeutic or diagnostic procedures based upon patient’s clinical status.
- Addresses patient and family concerns and creates a therapeutic relationship to provide support.
- Provide patient education, counseling, and instruction regarding patient diagnosis, medical treatments, medications, and preventive care.
- Participates in and supports accreditation, compliance, and regulatory activities of the organization.
- Participated in preceptorship of PA/NP students and other healthcare learners.
- Identifies patient/family needs for community resources and refers appropriately.
- National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistant (Required)
- Physician Assistant (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- New to practice or < 2.5 years relevant experience The Physician Assistant must be reviewed by the Credentials Committee and approved by the Medical Board. Master’s degree required except for current employees grandfathered prior to implementation of PAaCE.
- M-F 4- 10 hr shift (no weekends or on-call)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE