Job ID: 169526
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Assists in the filling and compounding of all inpatient and outpatient medication orders under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist. Provides work-related experience for students enrolled in accredited schools of pharmacy.
Work assigned, performed under frequent direction or review.
1. Accurately interprets and fills all inpatient and outpatient medication orders under the direction supervision of a registered pharmacist.
2. Demonstrates the ability to cover all areas of the pharmacy, including inpatient, Pyxisâ, IV admixtures, etc.
3. Demonstrates initiative and completes work assignments efficiently and effectively, Adheres to daily work schedules with regard to delivery times and lunches.
4. Is knowledgeable of all job responsibilities, including deliveries, pickups, order processing, billing exceptions, etc., and executes them in a timely fashion. Assists co-workers during busy times and periods of staff shortages.
5. Maintains adequate stock levels in all areas of the pharmacy and other areas of the hospital.
6. Processes all credits/returns and checks and replenishes emergency boxes and emergency carts in a timely fashion.
7. Is responsive to the directions of a pharmacist. Communicates with pharmacy staff and other hospital personnel to maintain continuity of patient care.
8. Accurately refills Pyxisâ machines and assists in the resolution of Pyxisâ discrepancies.
9. Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with patients, visitors, and all levels of hospital personnel. Shows, courtesy, compassion, sensitivity and respect.
10. Performs other duties as assigned. Performs duties and exhibits behaviors consistent with the care philosophy ofPennsylvaniaHospital.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.