Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Religious Ministries at Penn Medicine Princeton Health are seeking Full-Time Chaplain Residents for their 1-year Chaplain Residency Program:
- The Chaplain Resident will provide person-centered, multi-faith care of the soul to patients, their families, staff, and physicians. This role is unique in that the Chaplain Resident will function as a full member of the Inter-Disciplinary Team with doctors, nurses, social workers, etc, offering these disciplines consultations on patient care, while at the same time serving as the chaplain to these other members of the team. The Chaplain Resident will work closely within a cohort of 4 chaplain residents, reporting to the Department of Religious Ministries leadership, and coordinating with other departmental staff.
- Provide religious, spiritual, and emotional care to patients and their families
- Provide religious, spiritual, and emotional care to staff and physicians
- Participate as full members of the Inter-Disciplinary Team on assigned units, offering case consultation to other disciplines
- Lead regular chapel services as well as occasional staff memorial services
- Attend staff meetings for the Religious Ministries Department
- Participate fully in the educational curriculum of the residency including didactics, clinical presentations, covenant group seminar, individual supervision, etc
- Consult with Bio-Medical Ethics Committee as needed
- Participate in departmental research programs
- Develop extensive knowledge within one’s specialty (e.g. spirituality of the cancer patient, etc)
- Offer feedback and consultation to CPE Advisory Committee
- Complete a capstone project during the 4th unit of the residency
- Develop and teach a didactic to fellow residents and interns
- Read assigned books and articles as part of educational process
- Coordinate patient care needs with Office Coordinator and other colleagues
- Respond to Codes
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Master of Arts or Science (Preferred)
- Endorsement/Ordination from a particular faith group (Preferred)
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting (Preferred)
- One unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) (Preferred)
Interested applicants must also email a completed ACPE application to be considered for this position to [email protected] The application can be downloaded from the ACPE website (www.ACPE.edu). The Priority Application Deadline for both applications is Friday, March 3rd, 2023. The Chaplain Residency will start on Monday, September 18th, 2023 and end on Friday, September 13th, 2024.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.