This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 168953
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2023
Work Schedule: Per Departmental needs
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Location: Puentes de Salud, Penn Medicine Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia
Department: Family Care
The Education Supervisor for Puentes de Salud (Bridges of Health) will be responsible for the operations of Puentes Hacia el Futuro's elementary programming, as well as co-supporting those of its middle school programming. This position reports to the Director of Education.
• Support families and clients in accessing food services, hygiene products and essential information in collaboration with various organizations and collaborators across the region.
• Support Director of Education and Puentes team at large in shaping relief efforts and making strategic decisions regarding such work for the coming six-twelve months.
• Strategic development, implementation and evaluation of service structures in collaboration with students and families
• Manage one .75-time staff member and approximately 60 volunteers.
• Oversee and grow relationships with Southwark School’s administration, teachers and staff, as well as other partner organizations.
• Daily implementation of after-school programming and summer camp for elementary age group; support of middle school age group and related staff member for after-school program.
• Deepen constellations of opportunities for youth and families through cultivating new relationships.
• Collaborate with other Puentes de Salud staff and teams to further integrate services, knowledge and action
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
Bachelor's Degree Human development
2+ years of work experience in a related field, as well as experience with refugee or immigrant populations are required.
Oral and written fluency in Spanish preferred.
X Demonstrate competence with building and growing family relationships.
X Navigating local structures for educational and mental health support.
X Working as part of a multi-faceted team spanning Puentes de Salud and various partner organizations.
X Proficient in Microsoft office and Google suite.
X Self-directed and able to work well independently.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.