Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Supervisor of Patient Access
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 169860
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under the general supervision of the Patient Access Services Manager, the Patient Access Services Supervisor facilitates the operation of on-site, registration, financial counselors and cashier functions to efficiently register and secure authorization for patients to maximize the hospital’s cash position. Facilitates the resolution of all customer service issues and ensures that staff members develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Penn Chart utilized by Patient Access Services (PAS). Ensures that staff members follow departmental, hospital, and state policies and procedures. Ensures maintenance and compliance with Penn Medicine Princeton Health’s mission and vision statements. (Patient Access - ED - Plainsboro, New Jersey)
Shift: PAS Evening Supervisor, Monday to Friday 3 PM to 11:30 PM
- Maintain departmental schedule for all PAS areas. Covers unexpected vacancies through use of per-diem or part time staff. Ensures adequate coverage for all scheduled shifts by staffing to workload and adjusting as needed. Covers unexpected vacancies unable to be filled by staff as needed.
- Follow, implement and enforce all department policies and procedures of Penn Medicine Princeton Health, including but not limited to attendance, confidentiality, benefits, disciplinary policies, etc.
- Establish and implement new department procedures, continually review and improve existing procedures and distribute all internal and external information as needed to ensure staff members have the necessary tools to successfully perform job functions.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff members to ensure a competent and productive workforce. Coordinate onboarding and training, classes as well as review and submit Payroll.
- Open tickets through ticketing system for hardware, software, and access issues and works with IT Department to resolve.
- Evaluate performance of direct reporting personnel. Prepare and present annual performance appraisals within the allotted time frames to the applicable manager for review.
- Assign Patient Work Queues to staff and monitor the work queues on a daily basis. Follow up with staff to ensure that accounts are worked timely.
- Monitor work queue reports that are assigned to staff identify any issues that need to be addressed. Follow up with staff to ensure that issues are addressed.
- Review daily the CFB Dashboard and address categories highlighted in red, bringing the outstanding issue to the attention of the Patient Access Manager.
- Responsible for supporting any scheduled system downtime and educating staff accordingly.
- Required to be on call at least one time within a month.
- Responsible for taking all deposits from Patient Access staff and entering into Penn Cash daily.
- Required to facilitate daily departmental ED huddles and attend ED clinical huddles.
- Required to participate in weekly Patient Experience huddles.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associates Degree in Business or equivalent work experience with hospital registrations and insurance verification is required.
- Three to five years of related experience with hospital registrations, admissions or medical office setting required.
- Two to Three years of supervisor/team lead experience is a required.
- Computer skills, customer service, medical terminology and the ability to do multiple tasks simultaneously.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE