Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Operations Supervisor- Perioperative Services- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania- 3rd Shift
Job ID: 167645
Category: Environmental/Linen Services
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2023
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Perioperative Services at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a Full-Time 3rd Shift Operations Supervisor:
- At the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and the Perlman Center for Advanced Medicine, Operations Supervisor is responsible for helping with the management, leadership of support services to operations that include Materials Service Partner I, Materials Service Partner II, Periop Receiving, Operations Technician and Anesthesia Technician staff. Responsible for following all duties assigned by the manager. Supervise and helps to manage hiring, firing, training and scheduling. Provides assigned direction and support relating to perioperative inventory, replenishment of supplies in all areas, case cart picking for perioperative services. The Operations Supervisor will also provide assistance to the Anesthesia team.
- Reports to Operations Manager. Assumes responsibility in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Provides assigned direction and support relating to perioperative inventory, replenishment of supplies, Materials Service Partner and Anesthesia Technician duties.
- Interfaces with the Anesthesia Director of Perioperative Services.
- Responsible for picking supply, stocking inventory, gathering equipment and instrumentation for surgical procedures.
- Modifies behavior or work schedule when necessary to achieve department goals.
- Displays adequate communication skills with PeriOp staff, management and others.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Supply Chain, Business or Related field
2+ years Experience in a healthcare setting, specifically an OR setting. Stocking and inventory experience as well.
Previous supervisory/management experience.
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years Experience in a healthcare setting, specifically an OR setting. Stocking and inventory experience as well.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE