Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Registered Nurse (RN), Clinical Quality - SubAcute and Therapy Services
Job ID: 168063
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2023
Work Schedule: M-F day shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Accountable for managing the implementation plans for facility quality initiatives - supporting the ongoing coordination and evaluation of the plan initiated through the grant in collaboration with PI Advisor and Sub-Contractors - Skilled Nursing Facility and Personal Care Home focused, but may serve all types of long-term care facilities. Will support outbreak response in Long-Term Care facilities as needed.
- Reports to Quality Associate Manager.
- Sub-Acute & Therapy Services Team:
- Functions as a key member of the interdisciplinary Sub-Acute & Therapy Services (SATS) Team and the subject matter expert as well as primary resource for clinical quality expertise for the Long-Term Care (LTC) Resiliency Grant initiative. Shares accountability for LTC Facilities with emphasis on partnership with Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF), Personal Care Homes (PCH) and Assisted Living Facilities (ALF). Participates in the successful coordination and achievement of Grant and Sub-Acute and Therapy Services goals. Finally, but foundationally, the RN, Clinical Quality is accountable to facilitate a highly effective work culture for SATS and its reputation within Penn Medicine a well as among external stakeholders.
- Brief Summary of PA State LTC Grant:
- In "Long Term Care Response, Recovery, and Resiliency: Towards Sustainable Solutions", the Penn-Temple team will design, implement, and evaluate innovative programming to advance long term care and improve the health of residents and staff. Activities will be organized into two domains:
- COVID-19 Outbreak Response – virtual and onsite outbreak assessments, coaching, follow-up, and training to optimize outbreak management and minimize morbidity and mortality. In every interaction, education will be provided with the goal of equipping facilities to manage future outbreaks more independently. Special attention will also be given to resident wellness and balancing infection control with resident-centered care.
- Quality Improvement – multiple initiatives will be offered to address the three core components of professional development and workforce resiliency, infection prevention and resident-centered care, and sustainable outbreak response. Facilities will select from a variety of voluntary initiatives based on interest and needs assessment. Interdisciplinary performance improvement teams from Penn and Temple will then assist facilities to execute their chosen initiatives using the Plan-Do-Study-Act model.
- Supports facility leadership in the assessment and identification of quality improvement tools and resources to best meet goals and needs.
- Provides coordination and evaluation of the plan initiated by grant and subcontractor services in collaboration with facility leadership and PI Advisor
- Ensures coordination among all SATs and Grant team member activities to provide a seamless experience for the facility.
- Support leadership and staff resiliency, self-reliance and resident centered care in all initiatives.
- Evaluate intervention and programmatic activities for impact and ability to achieve anticipated outcomes.
- BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) and 3+ years nursing experience required in Skilled Nursing, Long Term or Home Care, inpatient hospital, ambulatory care, or palliative care.
- Master's Degree (MSN, MPH, or equivalent) preferred.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Pennsylvania
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE