Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Associate Director Materials Mgmt - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 168019
Category: Materials Management/Purchasing/Contracts Management
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Assistant Director, Materials Management's primary responsibilities will be to provide leadership and support to all Materials Management Operations to include Supply Chain Management oversight to the Storeroom, Receiving, Mailroom, Linen and Equipment Distribution by managing the areas of inventory control, supply distribution, expense reduction, supply utilization and standardization. Value Analysis Responsibilities: With the Materials Management Director performs duties related to the Pennnnsylvania Hospital Value Analysis Program such as cost-effective utilization of products, support of Value Analysis objectives, management of data, coordination of product and purchased service evaluation processes, coordinates and assists in the education processes regarding value analysis, participates as a member/chair/co-chair of any related committees as needed
- Responsible for supply chain logistics of stock and non-stock supply items, act as liaison between hospital, vendors and corporate purchasing. Oversee pricing, specifications, warranties, delivery dates and shipping terms.
- Keeps Director informed of current activities, any major discrepancies with vendors and any significant changes in the market place, which might affect the department. Search for improved and/or less costly supplies/services.
- Reconciles invoices with the Accounts Payable Department when price and other items do not agree with the purchase order. Use Lawson system to enter all required data for generating purchase orders through the automated ordering system. Insure all Lawson data maintenance meets audit requirements. Keep current pricing and Lawson information on hand at all time. Evaluates the cost benefits of product changes for standardization and/or contract/vendor changes and makes recommendations for action to the Director of Materials Management.
- Uses Lawson System to enter all required data for generating purchase orders through the automated ordering system. Manage 6 monthly fiscal inventory of storeroom and explain variance. Manage back order follow up and identify appropriate subs when necessary. Report back orders to end users. Crystal reporting ability.
- Ensures that internal staff has complied with all purchasing procedures. Ensure all staff mandatory requirements and education are 100% current.
- Evaluates “all-encompassing” kits/trays versus individual component parts for maximum cost-effectiveness. Evaluate reusable V disposable products. Improve green footprint at PaH. Assist with value analysis process.
- Acts as liaison between Materials Management, CV Section, IR and Infusion and all nursing units. Daily rounding and reporting. Excellent communication. Joint Commission rounding on a weekly basis, focus on storage, supply/storage housekeeping and expiration dates. Hold operations manager responsible when issues arise.
- Oversight of Device Return Log, Tissue Tracking, Recalls, cycle counts, CEQI reporting, CDM/Lawson matching, Policy and Procedure maintenance, oversee HR and E-Star to ensure consistency with policy.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferred.
- HS diploma/GED required.
- A minimum of 3 years Materials Management experience required (7 years Materials Management experience in lieu of educational requirements with the minimum educational requirement being a high school diploma or GED.) Materials Management experience should have emphasis on Storeroom and Cardiovascular Supplies.
- Knowledge of Material Management concepts to include product knowledge, dynamic theories of supplies and vendor value added programs.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE