Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Facilitates on-site practice operations for the department of medicine float staffing coverage support within the assigned region. Oversees the region's patient services associates and medical assistant float pool teams.
- Directly supports practice managers in assigned region with medical assistant and patient services associate float staffing support within their assigned region.
- Ensure adequate coverage for the region’s department of medicine practices by staffing to workload and adjusting as needed.
- Leads the regional float team that covers unexpected practice manager, patient services associate or medical assistant vacancies. Covers unexpected vacancies unable to be filled by practice staff as needed.
- Follows, implements and enforces all department policies and procedures of the Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania, including but not limited to attendance, confidentiality, benefits, disciplinary policies, etc.
- Establish and implement new department procedures, continually review and improve existing procedures and distribute all internal and external information as needed to ensure staff members have the necessary tools to successfully perform job functions.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate staff members to ensure a competent and productive regional float workforce.
- Evaluate performance of direct reporting personnel. Prepare and present annual performance appraisals within allotted time frames to the applicable Manager for review.
- Responsible for onboarding including the PSA and MA orientation academy as part of the float pool’s ongoing recruitment process.
- Responsible for ongoing educational seminars and training opportunities for float pool patient services associates and medical assistants.
- Collaborates with practice managers to identify new learning opportunities for float pool patient services associates and medical assistants to comply with annual and ongoing competencies.
- Identify new learning opportunities due to new practice equipment, supplies and/or workflow changes.
- Manages and triages float pool requests via CPUP’s float tool according to staffing triage deployment guidelines.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Business, Healthcare
5+ years Relevant experience, including at least 1 year prior management experience in a healthcare setting (Required).
- Degrees may be considered in lieu of total experience.
EPIC Training preferred
- Associate of Arts or Science preferred
- Business, Healthcare
- Epic training preferred
X Demonstrated successful relationship building all levels of staff, physicians and executives
X Ability to discuss complex data and operational topics in a clear manner
X Experience working with multiple technical platforms
X Strong written and communication skills; ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
X An even keeled individual who is substantive enough to sit at the executive table while also relating to interdisciplinary teams of clinical and non-clinical staff
X Ability to utilize critical thinking
X A sense of urgency and strong customer service orientation
X Ability to work independently and effectively with prudent judgment and discretion at all times
X Thoughtful and practical approach to problem solving
X Skills in work prioritization and management, including work planning
X Ability to manage staff and multiple projects simultaneously
X Thrives in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.