Job ID: 168825
Category: Social Work
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2023
Work Schedule: Day
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Presby is looking for a Full-Time Medical Case Manager for the Infectious Disease dept!!!
Summary: Provide medical case management services to HIV infected patients of the Penn MacGregor Infectious Diseases Practice. Assess clients’ needs; develop, implement and monitor service care plans. Link clients to appropriate medical, mental health, addiction and support services and ensure that they remain engaged in care.
· Act as medical case manager for individuals and families infected/affected by HIV/AIDS.
· Assess clients’ needs; develop, implement and monitor service care plans at minimum every 6 months.
· Link clients to appropriate medical, mental health, addiction and support services.
· Accompany clients to at least 2 HIV medical visits per year.
· Coordinate and monitor services; assist clients with entitlements through advocacy and completion of required documentation.
· Conduct home visits as necessary.
· Collaborate with other service providers and agencies.
· Provide information, education and referral to clients and members of their support system as required.
· Serve as a resource for the community around AIDS-related issues.
· Complete written documentation of client interactions within two business days.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Provide the full range of medical case management services to HIV positive clients assigned to caseload of approximately 40-45 clients.
· Function as a part of the Infectious Diseases team to ensure high quality services are provided to clients. The following performance standards are specific to this position. Meeting or exceeding these standards is an expectation of employment, as is compliance with all other organizational and departmental policies, procedures and expectations.
· Complete all documentation/paperwork concerning client contact and referrals per time frames established in the Direct Service Policy and Procedure Manual.
· Maintain and document at least the minimum contact with each client assigned to caseload as per time frames detailed in the Direct Services Policy and Procedure Manual.
· Maintain a minimum of 450 units of service (15- minute time increment) per month.
· Maintain a strengths-based approach in interactions with clients
. · Proactively advocate for clients, exhausting all available resources. · Participate in weekly individual supervisory meetings.
· Maintain awareness and knowledge of resources, benefits and entitlements necessary to refer clients for services and to advocate for client needs.
Credentials: Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Sociology, Psychology or Nursing. Minimum Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.