Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Echo Vascular Technologist-Penn Cardiology
Job ID: 168287
Work Type: FT
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2023
Work Schedule: Day
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is looking for a Full-Time Echo Vascular Tech for Penn Cardiology Cherry Hill NJ!!!!
- The Echo Vascular Technologist provides high quality vascular studies in the vein clinic and echocardiographic studies, including all services that the department provides, to ensure patient health, safety and well-being. Accurate analysis and evaluation of all studies will be provided to interpreting physician for review.
- Perform echocardiograms utilizing two-dimensional and color flow Doppler, stress echocardiograms and contrast and Saline Bubble studies when needed. Vascular studies to be performed may include but are not limited to carotid duplex imaging, abdominal aorta ultrasound and PVR-pulse volume recording, upper and lower arterial and venous studies.
- Maintain Syngo Dynamics review station and Cupid reporting system and troubleshoot issues with the IT department when required via online IS portal or direct ticket submission to IS 215-662-7474
- Request and submit maintenance service contracts to managers for RTP submission to purchasing
- Keep records of all service and maintenance contracts on site
- Help coordinate the reading schedules of the physicians directly involved with the interpretation of the non-invasive studies and work closely with the front desk and managers in this regard
- Apply for and maintain the certification of the laboratories under the ICAEL (Intersocietal Commission of Adult Echocardiology Laboratories) and ICAVL(Intersocietal Commission of Vascular Laboratories)
- Obtain and maintain all required CME records and keep on file
- Co-Chair meetings as required and outlined under the ICAEL/ICAVL provisions
- Maintain all laboratory policy and procedures of the outpatient sites in accordance with all UPHS and ICAL policies and procedures
- Develop vascular and/or cardiac echo services within the practice and provide training to personnel with performance and interpretation of the studies as directed
- Ensure that all disposables are ordered in a timely manner and the lab is stocked accordingly. Maintain the laboratories in accordance with all UPHS and ICAL requirements
- Maintain all laboratory statistics and keep filed within the lab for reference
- Assist the reading physicians during the reading sessions if required specifically to provide technical insight
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- ARDMS or CCI (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science (Required)
- 5+ years cardiac ultrasound, vascular ultrasound
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE