Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Vascular Technologist-Penn Cardiology
Job ID: 168288
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2023
Work Schedule: Day
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is looking for a Part-Time Vascular Tech for Penn Cardiology Cherry Hill NJ!!!
- The Vascular Technologist performs vascular ultrasound examinations of the cerebral, peripheral, and abdominal vessels to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disorders affecting circulation including carotid duplex, PVR, Abdominal aorta, upper and lower arterial ultrasounds, upper and lower venous ultrasounds, venous reflux and vein mapping studies and groin ultrasounds for pseudo aneurysm and carotid IMT studies. The Vascular Technologist takes a leadership role in the development and management of the Vein Clinic, including the supervision of the scheduling of physician readers under the direction of the Vascular Medical Director. This position reports to the Director of Noninvasive Outpatient Cardiology and requires technical director status of the Vein Center ACR (American College of Radiology). Must be able to work at various office locations at the direction of the Director on an as needed basis.
- Clinical Duties:
- Performs all aspects of venous ultrasound including vein mapping and procedural Vein guiding during Vein Clinic studies under the direct supervision of the Physician performing the procedures.
- Supervises the ordering maintenance of the Vein procedure supplies with direct oversight with the medical assistants who stock and maintain the supply room.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as pseudo aneurysm compression as required.
- Records and maintains test data and prepares preliminary interpretations of test results in the Clinic Database.
- Assists the Cardiologists’ during the reading sessions if required specifically to provide technical insight into the diagnostic properties relating to the professional interpretations.
- Provides accurate diagnostic preliminary reports to the directors and reading physicians at the time of each study.
- Administrative / Leadership Duties:
- Maintains full compliance with all aspects of ICAVl as Technical Director. All studies are to be performed adhering to all ICAVl technical and professional protocols and guidelines.
- Frequent communication with the staff, physicians and office manager in all aspects of the Cardiac Noninvasive laboratory to ensure the smooth operation of the noninvasive section.
- Coordinates and supervises the testing schedule at the respective offices to facilitate the timely performance of all procedures.
- Maintains proprietary report generator database as it relates to recorded studies and integrate with the Seimens Syngo Dynamics storage archiving system.
- Maintains service and quality controls for all equipment and tools required for the role and management of the Vein Clinic. Manages the maintenance activities for the equipment on an as needed basis.
- Facilitates and coordinates the reading schedules of the physicians directly involved with the interpretation of the non-invasive vascular studies.
- Applies for and maintains the certification of the laboratories under the ICAEL (International Commission of Adult Echocardiology Laboratories) and adheres to all responsibilities of the Technical Director of the lab as detailed by the Commission specific to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Advises the reading physicians as to the proper accordance of required CME for ICAVL protocols.
- Co-Chairs quarterly meetings with Medical Director as required and outlined under the ICAVL provisions, and documents and maintains all such related Q/A material with the ICAL Commission website.
- Maintains all laboratory policy and procedures of the outpatient sites detailing vascular ultrasound supply utilization; this is to include vein procedure, supplies, recording media inventory, and transducer sterile procedures. Ensures that all disposables are ordered in a timely manner and stocked accordingly within the lab.
- Maintains all laboratory statistics and keeps filed within the lab for reference. Provides IT with the relevant data queries that are applicable to clinical data collection within the laboratory as required by ICARL.
- Prepares for and submits ICAVL accreditation agreements every three years in accordance with all ICAL guidelines. Prepares for and submits ICAL random audit administrative documentation for mid accreditation periods.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- ARDMS or CCI (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Graduate of an accredited ultrasound technology program
3+ years clinical experience in performing vascular lab testing.
1+ years experience leading programs/activities within a vein clinic preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE