Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PT Food Service Worker - PAH
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 162005
Category: Food/Nutrition Services
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2023
Work Schedule: variable / every other weekend
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In accordance with regulatory requirements, performs all associated with providing food service to in-patients and within retail areas; including food preparation, distribution, and equipment sanitization. Responsible for utilization of consumable products, maintaining tight schedules and in meeting the overall daily volume requirement of the in-patient and retail areas of the department.
- Food Handling:
- Prepares simple food product both hot/cold and serves portioned food to patients, visitors and hospital staff. All food is prepared and maintained in accordance with HACCP procedures.
- Dates and labels all products moving through their work/production area
- Properly prepares and handles foods and equipment to ensure infection control and safety.
- Clean/Organized Environment:
- Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary work area at all times. Cleans equipment, tables, food service areas and production areas using appropriate chemicals and cleaning procedures. Reassemble equipment that has been taken apart for cleaning.
- Cleans and sanitizes all service ware, pots, walls, floor, ceiling, and related food service areas utilizing power equipment such as dishwashers, power washers, and floor scrubbers.
- Manages services, supplies and equipment to ensure effective and economical use, especially in the portioning and storage of food. Accountable for equipment provided on the job (e.g. knives, aprons, small equipment).
- Demonstrates neat and orderly receiving, issue and rotation of stock and food supplies.
- Retail/Customer Service:
- Learns each area’s individual patient/customers needs and does the best job of satisfying those needs in a friendly and competent manner. Maintains a pleasant disposition at all times even in the most adverse circumstance.
- Money management is accurate when working the registers. Employee is accountable for receipts, merchandise, and Health System property and equipment.
- Performs duties in accordance with city and state Health Codes and Joint Commission regulations.
- Follows appropriate HACCP guidelines throughout daily routine
- Practices personal hygiene according to dress code standards
- Reports potential infection control issues or violations to supervisor in a timely manner
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED required.
0-1 years Food Service and/or Sanitation Experience and Cash Handling experience preferred.
- Sanitation Certification preferred.
Pennsylvania Hospital, 800 Spruce Street
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE