Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Registered Nurse Community Wellness- FT Days
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 168902
Work Type: FT
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Jan 31, 2023
Work Schedule: FT Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Registered Nurse Community Wellness- FT Days (731 Alexander Rd)
- Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting the Director and Associate Director with the comprehensive evaluations, screenings and thermal scans for visitors, patients, staff, volunteers, physicians and community members both on campus and off campus screening locations. The registered nurse will assist with the daily operations of Community Wellness and Engagement by providing data input and evaluations of screenings, and will assist with health fairs, lectures, screenings and special events. Responsible for establishing a therapeutic relationship and an individualized plan of care with the patient for a defined period of time and for communicating that plan of care to their collaborative partners. The collaborative nurse follows the plan of care created by the Attending Nurse and the patient/family, making revisions based upon the patient’s response to treatment and changing needs. The registered nurse is accountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for that defined period of time and for effectively transitioning that plan of care with attention to continuity across shift and settings of care. It is expected that the patients and/or families will know the name of the Attending Nurse, and the collaborative nurse. In order to achieve the defined outcomes of care, the registered nurse will assure that patients and families experience exceptional cooperation among all members of the health care team who treat them and each other with dignity, respect and sensitivity.
- Professional Nursing - Confidentiality: The Registered Nurse maintains standards of confidentiality. Ethics: The Registered Nurse integrates ethical provisions in practice by delivering care that protects the autonomy, dignity, and rights, of persons served thereby serving as a patient advocate and reporting illegal, incompetent and impaired practices. Professional Practice Evaluation: The Registered Nurse evaluates one’s own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations. Health Teaching/Health Promotion: The Registered Nurse provides health teaching using methods appropriate to the situation and to the persons served developmental level, learning needs, readiness and ability to learn, language preference and culture. Health teaching addresses such topics as: healthy lifestyles, risk-reducing behaviors, developmental needs, activities of daily living and preventative self-care. The Registered Nurse documents the teaching provided and evaluates the effectiveness of strategies used through persons served feedback. Quality of Practice: The Registered Nurse systemically enhances the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice by participating in Performance Improvement activities and using the results to initiate creative and innovative changes in nursing practice and in the healthcare delivery system. Education: The Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to lifelong learning through self identification of learning needs, by participating in ongoing educational activities, and by seeking experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence. The Registered Nurse maintains his or her own records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning. The Registered Nurse possesses the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to meet patients’ physical, psychological and social needs with those growth and development levels/patient populations served within the department. The Registered Nurse participates in unit compliance as related to established standards; and accepts other duties and projects as assigned. Care Delivery: Assessment - The Registered Nurse collects and documents comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation, in a systematic and on-going process. The Registered Nurse will use appropriate evidence-based assessment techniques in collection of data. The Registered Nurse will provide culturally responsive and holistic patient care in a caring, therapeutic environment while involving the patient and family in managing their care. The registered nurse must understand and accurately perform the Functional Independence Measure Tool (FIM) on all persons served. Diagnosis: The Registered Nurse analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnoses or issues. The Registered Nurse validates the diagnoses or issues with the persons served and healthcare team as appropriate. The Registered Nurse documents diagnoses or issues that facilitates the plan of care and expected outcomes. Planning: The Registered Nurse develops and documents an individualized plan of care considering patient characteristics or the situation. The plan prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes. The Registered Nurse develops the plan in conjunction with persons-served/family and healthcare team, and utilizes the plan to guide those involved in the care of the patient across the continuum. Outcomes Identification: The Registered Nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the persons served or situation, considering persons-served/family cultural values, ethics, environment, and other associated risks, benefits, costs and current scientific evidence. The Registered Nurse documents expected outcomes as measurable goals. Implementation: The Registered Nurse coordinates implementation of the individualized plan of care and documents interventions and any modifications of the identified plan. Interventions will be evidence based and specific to the diagnosis or problem. The Registered Nurse collaborates with other disciplines and utilizes community resources and support systems to implement the plan. Evaluation: The Registered Nurse evaluates and documents progress toward attainment of outcomes, including the patient and others involved in the care or situation. The Registered Nurse uses ongoing assessment data to revise the diagnosis, outcomes, the plan, and the implementation, as needed. Accountable for improving patient care through adherence to all patient safety and quality standards, regulations and best practices. Actively participates in multi-disciplinary rounds and discharge planning. Facilitates visitor, patient, staff flow during screening sessions. Performs check-in; reviews complaints through history-taking and observation.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
- One year recent nursing experience - preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE