This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 169249
Work Type: FT
Location: Berwyn, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Day
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Valley Forge is looking for a full-time MRI Tech!!!!!!!
Summary: Performs a variety of MRI and MRA procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols and assists the Radiologists with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. The MRI Technologist will treat all patients professionally and function as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishments of their imaging needs
1. Performs all necessary checks of diagnosis, prescription, precertification, Epic order and patient identification as demonstrated by documentation.
2. Greets patients--confirming their identifications performing the correct procedures as directed and completely explaining the procedure to patient and family as directed.
3. Obtains patient history, screens patients for any and all surgeries and implanted items, explains procedures, gains consent for contrast and verifies GFR as needed, and addresses patient concerns as demonstrated by documentation and feedback.
4. Place Angio-catheters, inject IV MRI contrast agents as directed by the Radiologist. Monitors the patient’s status, tolerance and wellbeing throughout the study.
5. Operates the MRI scanner and all RF coils, MRI workstations, patient monitoring equipment and MR injectors to produce high quality images. Archive, Verify and Film MRI images to hard-copy/CD format, as needed.
6. Performs quality assurance testing consistent with section protocols.
7. Compliance with OSHA, TJC, DOH and other mandated safety procedures or regulations.
8. Maintains necessary inventory supplies for assigned workstation, rotating stock in an orderly fashion and eliminating outdated items.
9. Responds to emergency situations according to department policies
10. Establishes and maintains good working relationships and partnerships within the facility and with outside customers of our services.
11. Calls in results of STATS and other cases as determined by the Radiologist and department policy
12. Communicate equipment problems and image quality issues.
13. Other duties, as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Must be ARRT with MRI registry
Graduated from an approved Radiologic technology program
1 year MR experience Must have MR experience in a hospital setting
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.