Job ID: 169226
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2023
Work Schedule: Part Time 8hr Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
· The Administrative Coordinator is a key point of contact for important clinic operating functions in the Otorhinolaryngology department such as the coordination of a variety of program meetings, implementation and management of follow-up items from planning meetings, and maintaining administrative oversight of meeting schedules in a highly dynamic and complex academic setting. The Administrative Coordinator manages routine office administrative functions, as well as provides high-level programmatic support for the clinic.
· Responsible for administrative and clinical aspects of a facial practice surgeon’s busy outpatient practice at the Philadelphia and Radnor sites. This position has a clinical focus with significant patient interaction with a discerning clientele.
· Coordinates the patient experience for facial plastic patients including obtaining consents and all test results prior to surgery. Ensures all paperwork is completed.
· Answers physician line and responds to patient inquiries, takes messages and routes appropriately.
· Maintains appointment scheduling template and events calendar for Facial Plastics Surgeon.
· Provides assistance to surgical scheduler as needed.
· Skilled user of healthcare technology and social media. Familiar with marketing techniques and materials.
· Independently owns, prioritizes and initiates implementation of assigned work functions.
· Responds to requests promptly demonstrating knowledge of the department’s function and activity
· Maintains calendars and appointments; organizes and assembles materials for meetings
· Prepares documents, as needed, and answers correspondence as required
· Orders supplies, as needed
· Prepares reports for review by clinic leadership and others as directed
· Assists in maintaining project files, tracking documents, status reports and other documentation
· Manages department budgets and the payment of vendors; processes expenses in a timely manner; balances budget on a
· monthly basis and reviews submissions for accuracy; makes corrections and confirms information
· Participates in and supports select projects to be determined by clinic leadership
· Protects information with the highest level of confidentiality
· Communicates with other departments, as needed, in a professional and timely manner
· Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
· Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.