Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Site Coordinator performs a variety of duties related to the scheduling appointments, authorization and recertification of insurance for the patients of the designated Site Location and their physicians. This position performs additional administrative task to assist providers, site manager and staff. This position monitors the patient and office flow, which includes proactively collaborating with the Manager, Associate Director/Director, administrative and practice leadership for their individual areas on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for proactively communicating with the Manager, Associate Director/Director: status of operations, potential issues that may arise.
- Helps identify and solve problems to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, patients, and customers; proactively determines underlying or hidden problems that may result in potential issues.
- Collaborates with the Associate Director/Director to ensure staffing needs are met as well as productivity guidelines are followed.
- Answer phone, greet customers, route calls to appropriate staff, and schedule patient appointments.
- Obtain insurance information from customers, obtain insurance verification for services.
- Coordinate Patient Ancillary Testing with other hospital departments.
- Enter patient charges and verify charges, reconcile charges as directed.
- Assemble new patient charts, maintain and file existing patient charts, “spot check” charts for data completeness and signatures.
- Data entry into proprietary database and data entry into hospital data systems (patient registration) as directed. Audit data entry and generate reports as directed.
- Maintain office equipment and maintain office supplies, (order as appropriate)
- Must provide assistance with day-to-day responsibilities
- Provides Administrative Assistance to Providers, Site Manager and staff as needed.
- Comply with all HIPAA and JCAHO regulations.
EPIC 1+ year of EPIC Experience
Education or Equivalent Experience:
H.S. Diploma/GED and 2+ years Medical office experience, or 2 years of customer service experience. Advanced degree may be considered in lieu of experience. (Required)
Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
3+ Relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities in position(s) held with demonstrated leadership and management skills (Preferred)
Experience in healthcare / Patient Access preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.