Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Nuclear Med Tech - Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 169214
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- In collaboration with the Chief Nuclear Medicine Physicians performs a variety of Nuclear Medicine diagnostic, therapeutic and PET procedures to include the preparation, administration and measuring of radioactive isotopes for patient exams. Responsible for patient safety and functions as the first line interface with patients in the successful accomplishments of their imaging needs. Must have working knowledge of hospital and departmental policies, including fire, safety, and emergency procedures. Must have working knowledge of government regulations, and understand TJC, and HIPAA requirements, and how they affect operations. Must represent the Department, Hospital and University as a skilled, competent professional. Must possess basic computer knowledge and skills; demonstrate customer service skills, and the ability to communicate effectively. Additional language is desirable. Must have superior knowledge in Radiation Safety as well as proficiency with most major NM equipment manufacture's hardware and software. Demonstrate proficiency in venipuncture.
- Responsible for safe handling all prescribed radiopharmaceuticals and NM equipment; to insure care, safety and prevention of injuries to the patient.
- Greets patient – confirming their identification, introduces self and interacts to insure patient support. Explains procedure, instructs and prepares patients for Nuclear Medicine/PET examination.
- Interacts professionally and effectively communicates with peers, physicians, patients, visitors and guests.
- Demonstrates superior clinical skill, monitors patients for exam tolerance, and produces adequate studies in a quick and efficient manner. Evaluate all images for quality.
- Efficiently operates all computer information systems used to coordinate patient care including EPIC, SECTRA, and NMIS. Completes all paperwork and billing in a timely fashion.
- Completes mandatory continuing educational requirements, CPR certification, and attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings to maintain competency training.
- Possesses knowledge of PAH PI model and actively participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities.
- Effectively blends management skills with technical expertise and completes work assignments within designated times.
- Responds to emergency situations according to department/hospital policies.
- Uses superior radiation safety techniques and ALARA.
- Adheres to the standards set by the NRC, TJC, OSHA, and the State of Pennsylvania. Collaborates and complies with recommendations made by the EHRS.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- ARRT or NMTCB (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Graduated from an approved Radiologic Technology program required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE