Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Infusion Nurse Coordinator- Full Time Registered Nurse-Pennsylvania Hospital
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 171387
Work Type: FT
Location: King of Prussia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time- Day Shift- 40 hours/Week
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Nurse Coordinator will work out of our Pennsylvania Hosptial Location. This is Full time, 4-10 Hour shift position that does not require Weekends or Holidays!
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing and Penn Home Infusion Therapy Team, assumes 24-hour accountability for the Penn Home Infusion Therapy nursing care. This includes the coordination of patient's admission for home infusion services in a smooth, systematic process involving arranging care with Infusion Clinicians or Schedulers and contracted nursing agencies. Acts as a liaison for care coordination with staff within the organization or with outside agencies including case managers. Manages the patient's clinical care from the time of referral to discharge of the patient from our services
- Uses clinical knowledge and critical thinking to triage, assess, evaluate and implement interventions for urgent and nonurgent clinical patient needs.
- Provides counsel and clinical education to patients, family, and caregivers.
- Performs active service recovery and appropriate escalation to management to address patient and staff concerns.
- Functions as a clinical resource and counsel for field clinicians and pharmacists, and nonclinical staff such as schedulers, supply representatives, and insurance authorization.
- Adheres to establish standards with work performance delineated at UPHS and prescribed by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates delivery of patient care
- Facilitates and oversees care coordination, communicates patient care information to internal and external staff, and ensures information is documented and care plans and orders are updated and complete.
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation and communication with physicians, field clinicians, pharmacists, warehouse personnel, outside nursing agencies, and any additional health care providers to coordinate patient care.
- Maintains liaison with referring sources and care teams.
- Assures compliance with external standards and regulations.
- Assists with the development, review and revision of policies/procedures to assure compliance with practice and regulatory standards.
- Ensures own compliance to professional standards.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- PA, NJ, and DE RN licensure depending on geographic location and scope of responsibilities
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 3+ years progressive nursing experience with demonstrated leadership skills in community health nursing.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE