Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Nursing Assistant-Full time Nights at Princeton Medical Center
Job ID: 168481
Category: CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)/ Nursing Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Feb 10, 2023
Work Schedule: Full Time/Nights 7p-7a
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Assists nurses in the delivery of nursing care through participation in the nursing process. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests and representatives of other organizations as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff in support of the Medical Center's mission to provide consistent quality health care services in a professional, caring and responsive environment. Will demonstrate responsibility for individual performance and efficient utilization of products, supplies, and equipment. Will utilize time to insure the timely completion of duties and to promote financial viability through provision of services a reasonable cost.
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and represents the Medical Center in a positive manner and conducts all activities respecting patient/customer rights and expectations. Regularly maintains a neat appearance and adheres to departmental dress, including the wearing of appropriate identification. Interpersonal relations with other health care workers are regularly fostered in a courteous and friendly manner as evidenced by managerial observation and peer input.
- Makes observations of patient condition and reports and documents information as requested. Has good communication skills with patients/families and co-workers and is able to make suggestions regarding the patient's needs for nursing care.
- Performs and documents nursing care activities as assigned, consistent with established procedures.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill specific to a nursing assistant in the area of assignment. (i.e. patient hygiene, vital signs, emptying and documenting of urine outputs, procedures, etc).
- There is evidence in performance that consideration is given to age and how it relates to care and interventions in the pediatric, adult and geriatric patient.
- Consistently makes extra efforts to achieve patient/customer expectations while discharging job responsibilities. Maintains confidentiality of patient and departmental information with no infractions as noted by manager.
- Regularly performs job tasks in accordance with hospital and department policy and procedure, including appropriate use of equipment, machines, appropriate use in wearing of physical barriers and safety equipment.
- Participates in keeping the nursing unit, (patient rooms, work stations, and hallways) clean and well organized.
- Cleans patient care equipment as directed. Obtains, stocks, and organizes patient care and unit supplies as assigned. Identifies and reports broken or malfunctioning equipment or needed repairs on the unit.
- Responds in accordance with emergency procedures to codes and non-medical emergencies.
- Uses products, supplies, and equipment in an efficient manner, keeping waste within department limits as observed by peers and supervision.
- Will perform daily audits such as ensuring the temperatures of medication refrigerators are within the specified guidelines and any other audits as assigned by the nurse or nurse manager.
- Will participate in transferring patients to other units or to the front corridor to be discharged home as needed.
- Practices time management, keeping authorized break periods with accepted policy. Maintains levels of productivity as established for the department.
- Completes assigned duties and follows through with appropriate direction. Provides proper notification for all absences or tardiness of scheduled shift and scheduled time off in accordance with corporate policy.
- Resolves conflicts with staff members by following established communication norms with limited involvement by manager to initiate resolution.
- Participates in quality assurance activities on the unit by attending unit staff meetings and meeting annual required in-services standard and maintains competency through annual in-services and/or education.
- Works collaboratively with all members of the health care team to ensure a smooth functioning unit and enhance patient care and satisfaction
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) for healthcare providers
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
No Related Experience necessary for this role
Nursing Assistant Course- Successful completion of hospital onsite course during first two weeks of orientation and prior to patient care assignment
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE