Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Presby is looking for a part-time Social Worker for the Family Practice OutPt EA department!!!
- Performs the role of Social Worker to support patients in the Care Management Program by coordinating care of patient in the outpatient setting. Functions as a key member of the health care team to provide patient-centered, comprehensive social services to members across the continuum of care. We typically serve around 50 patients, though we expect that number to grow.
- Collaborates with the health care team to assess and resolve social barriers for patients in the ambulatory care setting.
- Develops and implements a patient-centered plan of care to empower patients with chronic illnesses to improve health and self-management within the community.
- Assists the patient in overcoming barriers to health by using effective assessment, goal setting and motivational interviewing skills.
- Collaborates with inpatient Case Managers to promote safe and effective transitions to the next level of care.
- Develops effective relationships with patients, care teams, and community-based providers (home care, case managers, etc.) to promote continuity of care.
- Assists families and patients in crisis intervention and long-term care planning.
- Supports patients with accessing services such as, housing, security, legal, transportation, finances and public assistance.
- Responsible for following documentation standards according to established workflows.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Enhances own professional development and maintains formal and informal continuing education for self-development
Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, and the rest of the 30% allocation is dependent on inpatient needs and needs outside of clinic time.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- MSW (Required)
- Social Work 1+ years Experience in a healthcare setting and/or experience with crisis intervention and supporting patients with psychosocial barriers to health.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.