This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 171217
Category: CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)/ Nursing Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 7:00pm-7:00am
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
General Summary Statement
Responsible for general office management and clerical and receptionist duties on the Nursing Unit. Facilitates order entry and processing. Coordinates administrative support activities.
Adheres to Nursing Policies and Procedures and Organizational Goals and Objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Communications and Customer Service
1. Assists visitors find patient rooms, staff members and other resources.
2. Facilitates transport of patients at discharge.
3. Facilitates the patient belongings process as needed, including that the hand-off of belongings occurs at admission, transfer and discharge.
4. Facilitates calls to physician on behalf of nurses, avoiding duplication.
5. Demonstrates correct use of communication systems such as intercom, pager system, phone functions, pneumatic tube, and other department based systems.
6. Uses unit specific communication tools and applies to practice. Checks email regularly and posts items at the request of nursing leadership. Seeks clarification from Nurse Manager or Director as needed.
7. Performs follow up phone calls to patients if requested by nursing leadership.
8. Performs customer service rounding and surveys for patients upon request of nursing leadership.
9. Answers call bells in a timely manner and communicates needs to responsible staff, or handles themselves if a simple request.
10. Follows up to ensure that call bells have been addressed.
Education Training and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent. Experience at an acute care or skilled nursing facility or hospital based clinical experience. 3 plus years' experience required.
Basic computer skills: keyboard, mouse use. Ability to complete data entry on clinical documentation screens. Ability to use email, and internet. Ability to successfully complete on the job training forCCHcomputer programs.
Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
CPR certification required.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Certification Preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.