Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lead Telehealth Coordinator
Job ID: 170887
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 14, 2023
Work Schedule: FT
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Lead has an estimated 25/75 (admin/ops) time split per pay period to complete administrative duties, which will vary upon new initiatives being launched at the Center. The lead ensures the team's day-to-day essential process steps promote effective and efficient use of human capital + technology capital. The Lead will manage the team including all aspects of onboarding, training, and auditing to ensure performance adheres to principals of a high-reliability organization. The Lead will manage HR as it relates to occupational medicine compliance, staffing schedules, in addition, address challenges and deficits that may require training, retraining and coaching. The Lead will encourage continuous growth to ensure all individuals realize full potential. The lead will identify stretch objectives that align and support the employee's longer-term career goals. The Lead will monitor day-to-day operational metrics to identify trends and then actively mitigate changes necessary to ensure the Center maintains high-performing operational outcomes. The Lead will collaborate with departmental operational leaders to ensure the team goals are well-aligned to support the health system wide goals.
- The position will also perform the duties of a Telehealth Coordinator. Serves as the primary source of contact in coordinating telemedicine/telehealth activities at Penn Medicine Center for Connected Care. Responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of the telemedicine/telehealth activities and/or telemedicine/telehealth initiatives occurring at the Center for Connected Care. Contributes to continuous improvement in patient care and population management. Collaborates in coordinating patient care management across enterprise wide cross-functional departments, supporting telemedicine/telehealth services and telemedicine/telehealth best practices.
- Assists in the management of clinical data: retrieval, entry, aggregation, analysis, and reporting. Tracks and analyzes trends on the data relating to the quality, safety, utilization, and satisfaction of telemedicine/telehealth services to evaluate the Center's clinical effectiveness and potential areas of improvement. Responsible for thorough and accurate documentation to include patient training and patient troubleshooting for the proper use of telemedicine/telehealth equipment. Must be confident, composed, responsive, and approachable when interacting with patients, families, and clinicians via telemedicine/telehealth devices including two-way camera technology.
- Manage the team including all aspects of onboarding, training, and auditing to ensure performance adheres to principals of a high-reliability organization
- Monitor day-to-day operational metrics to identify trends and then actively mitigate changes necessary to ensure the Center maintains high-performing operational outcomes
- Maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, use independent and mature judgment, work independently without supervision with a commitment to clinical excellence
- Operate a computer with proficiency in utilizing clinical applications, telemedicine/telehealth applications and office programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, Skype, etc. Maintain basic IT troubleshooting skills for computer applications and telemedicine/telehealth peripherals.
- Prioritize workload and meet deadlines, develop and carry-out assignments in an efficient and timely manner, provide accurate and succinct documentation of activities.
- Be flexible and amicable to efficiently manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Communicate effectively with patients and clinical staff members including nurses, doctors, providers, social workers, etc. Support telemedicine/telehealth activities with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exercise tact, courtesy and diplomacy when dealing with individuals at any level. Engage, support, and educate stakeholders within telemedicine/telehealth programs using age & developmentally appropriate tactics.
- Triage incoming telephone calls and appropriately manage each call by obtaining adequate information to make a proper telemedicine/telehealth referral and scheduled teleconsultation when appropriate
- Schedule appointments, set-up and test equipment for telemedicine/telehealth engagement, reconcile telemedicine/telehealth applications to maintain accuracy across electronic medical record.
- Will be responsible for human resources functions to include: time and attendance review and approval, employee relations, scheduling, policy and procedure compliancy, etc.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Associates or Bachelor's in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or other relevant major preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 3+ years experience in a medical environment preferred and experience with patient teaching a plus.
Certified Telehealth Coordinator preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE