This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 170746
Category: CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)/ Nursing Assistant
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Day
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
There is an opening for a Client Services Associate role who services to our Penn Medicine Mayfair.
The Clinical Services Associates (CSA) assists the practice manager and physicians in maintaining a patient/customer focus, supports the delivery of high quality care, shares a passion for patient and customer centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial/operational targets. The CSA supports the practice by performing clinical and administrative duties as a Medical Assistant and as a Patient Services Associate. The practice will determine, based on operational need, how much time will be spent in each capacity (MA and PSA).
Responsibilites for this position include but are not limited to the following:
Patient Care Accountabilities:
• Promptly rooms patients, using EMR to alert provider that patient is ready: reviews past medical, surgical, family, smoking history, allergies, medications; notes corrections in EMR, notes medication refills needed for the physician to review, initiates self-management goal setting where appropriate, obtains patient’s vital signs and documents in EMR, prepares chart for patient visit, understands insurance restrictions for lab work, referral needs, precertification requirements, etc.
• Observes patient condition and communicates any abnormal data or changes to provider.
• Assists patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressing, undressing, preparing for the exam, remains in exam room when necessary/requested.
• Specimen management: obtain specimens for testing if applicable, performs laboratory and screening tests, records results in EMR and reconciles with logs where appropriate, documents and reports findings to providers, performs all quality controls as per Point of Care Testing guidelines, prepares specimens for transport as necessary.
• Performs EKGs and other outpatient screening tests as per MD order and after properly preparing the patient; accurately documents results in EMR.
• Assists with minor surgical procedures by handing instruments, maintaining sterile field, positioning of patient and other duties within scope of responsibility. Functions as a witness for procedural consents if required.
• Responds appropriately to emergency/code situations.
• If applicable as per regulatory guidelines: administers prescribed medications, gives injections and vaccines; reads PPD results, under the direction of the provider/orders and documents in EMR.
• Demonstrates competence in the observation, treatment, and care of the specific patients served in that practice, whose ages may range from neonate to geriatric.
Clerical / Other Accountabilities:
• Responsive and proactive telephonic patient care - including care coordination with specialists, ancillary services, hospitals, labs, home care agencies, and all other involved health services. • Obtain and scan documents as appropriate and required for visit: test results, faxes, reports, notes, referrals, etc. • Completes medical forms and other clinical requests for information as appropriate and required. Prepares and sends patient correspondence as required. Assists nursing staff with the maintenance of patient education materials, as needed. • Promptly performs call-backs as directed by provider, giving patients information within their scope of practice. Provides patients with follow up care instructions. • Environmental / Safety Accountabilities: • Adheres to universal body fluids precautions and infection control policies. Disposes of infectious waste properly. Promotes infection control by using appropriate hand washing techniques. • Ensures that the patient care areas are kept neat, orderly, well stocked and properly prepared. • Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes instruments and equipment according to protocols and checks that the instruments and equipment are in proper working order. Notifies Supervisor
H.S. Diploma/GED And 2+ years Medical office experience, or 4 years of customer service experience required Or
Advanced degree (Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's) may be considered in lieu of experience
MA Certification (required within 90 days of hire)
CSA essential skills:
Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
Demonstrated organizational skills:
Ability to multi-task
Ability to effectively communicate verbally and writing required
Attentive to detail
Computer/EMR skills and Knowledge of third party billing requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.