Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Pharmacy Business Manager - Pennsylvania Hospital
Job ID: 166181
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Reporting to the Controller, and in collaboration with the CFO, Pharmacy Director, and Senior Director of Hospital Clinical Operations, provides proactive analysis, oversight and direction in the area of financial management for all matters including Revenue, Expenses and Capital for assigned accounting units.
- High emphasis on Pharmacy Services Business Management and Operations: Responsible for monitoring and reporting all financial activities of the Inpatient, Infusion, Retail and Investigational Drugs Services at Pennsylvania Hospital.
- 340B Drug Savings Program Management: Responsible for all aspects of the 340B Drug Savings Program including 340B system maintenance and optimization, program compliance and daily operations.
- Business/Programmatic Planning: Assists the Director of Pharmacy and Senior Director of Hospital Clinical Operations with development of department strategic plan and budget.
- Revenue Cycle Management: Manages revenue cycle processes including billing and documentation integrity, charge reconciliation, and “work queue deficiencies”. Collaborates with hospital finance and clinical leadership to maintain compliance with charge and data capture. Provides continuous feedback regarding areas of opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Fiscal Accountability: Develops financial analysis to support strategic decisions using analytical tools. Managing to financial targets. Proactively monitors and interprets ongoing financial performance and responds strategically. Analyzes and assesses budget variances due to the over or under consumption of resources related to a particular period of time. Assesses all expense categories, including salary variances and productivity. Acts as a resource to clinical managers in the assistance of such analyses.
- Capital Purchases: Assess the ongoing needs related to capital and minor equipment. Plans appropriately for the efficient use of allocated funds to ensure needs are met consistent with clinical priorities throughout the division. Implements plans for capital and minor equipment in collaboration with physicians and hospital leadership. Execute Capital Purchase through the CER process. Attend Capital Committee meetings/reviews.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, or Finance and 5+ years Healthcare experience, preferably operational experience with Pharmacy or other Allied Health area required.
- Master of Arts or Science in Healthcare, Business Administration and 3+ years Healthcare experience, preferably operational experience with Pharmacy or other Allied Health area peferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE