Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Ops Division Coordinator
Job ID: 171906
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2023
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-5:00PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Working under general supervision of the Director Strategic Performance/Operations Improvement and the Clinical Operations Leadership team, the Clinical Operations Division Coordinator is the primary administrative and business resource for the Clinical Operations team. The Coordinator develops infrastructure to complete various tasks related to compliance, regulatory and metrics tracking. The Coordinator serves as a business resource for departments across the division and supports division-wide initiatives that require standardization or centralized management. Working closely with the Clinical Operations leadership team the Coordinator will provide project management support to accomplish division or hospital wide goals. Candidate must have effective interpersonal skills, be able to establish good working relationships, collaborate with networks of employees at all levels in the organization, be able to foster cooperation in others, and be a creative problem-solver.
- Assists in developing infrastructure at the division level for Administrative and business activities (compliance tracking, reporting, hospital performance metrics, HR metrics such as staffing) and regulatory activities (tracks committee representation for the division, organizes division support for surveys)
- Provides administrative support for Operations Improvement Department
- Provides administrative and business mentorship across the Clinical Operations Division
- Maintains a process to ensure departmental policies and procedures are up to date
- Supports special projects assigned by the clinical operations leadership team
- Works with Clinical Operations Data analyst to support data needs of the division departments
- Provides subject matter expertise and support for departments without local business manager and engages with administrative leads across division in developing standardized practices
- Organizes and maintains QAPI database and associated QAPI reviews
- Supports contract management process including tracking contract owners/reviewers for the division, assists in supporting the process for new/revised contract approvals with senior leadership
- Offers purchasing expertise support for departments without local dedicated position; serves as Lawson resource
- Provides logistical support for operational business transactions
- Coordinates the logistics of the Yellow Belt Program
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), preferably in Liberal Arts, Healthcare, Finance, Business Administration or other related field.
- 3+ years business/administrative experience (Required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Project and Vision
- Emotional intelligence
- Effective Interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish good working relationships
- Collaborates with networks of employees at all levels of the organization
- Able to foster cooperation in others
- Proactive and creative problem solver
- Critical thinking skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability in administration of SharePoint or other e-content platforms
- Working knowledge of Lawson, Hyperion, PennforPeople, HPM
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE