Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
MRI Tech (FT Evenings)
Job ID: 167160
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Feb 21, 2023
Work Schedule: FT Evenings
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- MRI Technologist interprets a physicians script / order, explains procedure to patients, select software options and imaging parameters when adjusting an MRI machine. Views images from a work station and post processes procedure and sends to PACS for Radiologist interpretation. The technologist will assist patients to the MRI suite, position patients on the table for their imaging.
- Ensure's safety by screening all patient's, staff and visitors prior to coming in contact with the powerful magnetic field of a MRI scanner.
- Explain procedures, answer patient's questions as fully as possible and provide emotional support.
- Position patients and coils on the table that slides inside the MRI scanner.
- Recognize and respond to life threatening situations.
- Routinely check scanners and related equipment.
- Follow all safety procedures for self, patients and machinery.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patient prior and during exam.
- On-call Responsibilities
- Assures appropriate patient screening prior to MRI exam.
- Assures all screening forms are completed prior to patient entering MRI room.
- Checks any contraindications with a radiologist prior to MRI exam.
- Prepares room, equipment, and materials as needed.
- Prepares patient for MRI scans, explains procedures, transfers patient to table, positions and assists patient at end of procedure.
- Consistently demonstrates competence in performing MRI procedures.
- Observes patient and equipment during procedure, reports unusual occurrences and records patient's condition.
- Follows all safety instructions provided in policy manual and safety manual provided by Marconi Medical Systems.
- Contacts supervisor of section and service engineer immediately when there is any question referring to malfunction of system.
- Provides appropriate imaging quality using the approved protocols under the direction of a radiologist.
- Maintains professional, courteous and cooperative manner with patients, co-workers, and public.
- Follows procedures for clerical and administrative tasks related to job.
- Exercises initiative as appropriate in performance of duties.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of Hospital Information System (HIS) and Isite (PACS) and completes documentation of exams.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide car appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Demonstrates growth in MRI field. Attends appropriate continuing education programs to maintain/develop skills and knowledge.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Amer Registry Radiologic Tech (Required)
- Radiologic Technologist (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduate from a CHEA or AMA approved and accredited School of Radiology, preferred
MRI experience preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE