This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 163821
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: PT -19 HOURS
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Summary: Under general supervision, the ED and Inpatient Patient Access Associate is responsible for computerized patient registration within the Emergency Room and Admission Areas. All patient data must be validated to maintain the integrity of the medical record: including obtainment and verification of all required demographic, insurance information to ensure accurate and timely reimbursement, revenue collections (Time of Service). Responsible for registration functions, patient safety and compliance, comfort care, patient experience/customer service in a fast paced, Emergency Department and Admissions that provides 24/7 service. Penn Medicine is offering a sign on bonus of $1000 for Patient Access Associate positions. There will be $500 issued within 30 days of hire date and another $500 issued after probationary period. (Emergency Department)
Shift: Part Time - Friday & Saturday from 11pm - 7am
1. Greets patient with a positive and professional attitude and initiates registration process. Selects the correct patient through properly entering the required fields within the ADT system to ensure patient safety and creates visits appropriately in the ADT system.
2. Performs follow up on assigned third party accounts for all ED and Inpatient admissions. Follow up includes but is not limited to verifying eligibility, obtaining benefits, ensuring authorization/referral requirements have been completed i.e., Drug screenings, Global International patients, attain appropriate referrals for hospital contacted facilities.
3. Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing work environment. Demonstrates willingness to meet the needs of departmental operations effectively as an individual and team member.
4. Support Customer Service and Performance Improvement goals of the Department.
5. Determines and appropriately documents out of pocket responsibility for services as related to insurance contracts or Penn Medicine Princeton Health Fee Schedules (i.e., Self-Pay Fee Schedule). Collects Time of Service (TOS) and Point of Service (POS) Payments according to policy. If necessary, refers patient to Financial Counselor and/or Medicaid Screener for assistance.
6. Participates in educational sessions, seminars, annual mandatories staff meetings and Hospital sessions, utilizing the information provided to enhance patient care activities and work behaviors.
7. All Patient Access Associates assigned bedside registration are required to utilize Workstation on Wheels (WOW) or a handheld device.
8. Commitment to shift, arrive on time, ready to work at the start of your shift. If calls out, facilitate appropriate back up coverage for the ED.
Education or Equivalent Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of medical experience, with previous hospital or physician office registration experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.