Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
New Patient Coordinator
Job ID: 170821
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Radnor, PA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2023
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Proactively provides financial support, analysis and advice to entity and corporate leadership teams in the development of strategic and operating plans. Implements and oversees efficient customer-focused financial processes and systems. Partners with entity leaders to integrate financial services that support entity and corporate business objectives in alignment with the UPHS Mission and the Penn Medicine Strategy. Provides appropriate management controls and stewardship of assets. (Abramson Cancer Center Radnor)
- Strategic Planning Processes:
- o Partners with CFO in UPHS annual planning processes resulting in the creation of:
- o Health System strategic plan including 5-year strategic operating and capital forecasts, as well as, measures of success.
- o Establishing annual strategic priorities and implementation plans.
- o Entity operational plans to accomplish annual and long-term goals.
- Supports UPHS leaders in the strategic planning process through generation of various analyses.
- Ensures that annual strategic goals are linked to Finance and leadership performance targets.
- Ensures integration of UPHS and School of Medicine 5-year strategic plans.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- o Ensures all areas of accountability are compliant with all federal, state and local regulatory standards and requirements, including JCAHO, Department of Health, funding agencies, FDA, HIPAA, HCFA, DPW and others.
- Financial Management
- o Funds Flow – Participates in coordination and refinement of the funds flow model for Penn Medicine.
- o Budgeting – Recommends operational and capital budget targets by entity to Senior Management. Coordinates entity budget reviews and Corporate Finance in CPUP and SoM review meetings. Responsible for implementation and development of system wide budgeting and forecast systems.
- Capital Accounting – Provides leadership and oversees capital accounting and related processes.
- o Financial Analyses / ROI Analyses – Provide leadership in the development of accurate, consistent, and timely financial analyses and ROIs. This includes the development of templates, databases, business planning and modeling, systems and processes. Provides primary financial support to UPHS Business Development.
- o Hospital Services Agreements (Including PIP Reconciliations) – Provides leadership and oversight of the financial analysis support to the Managed Care Office (MCO) regarding contractual rate evaluations, contract negotiations and other analysis related to third party payments.
- o Medicare, Medicaid, Champus, CRC required cost report and PIP filings: Provide leadership and oversight, with Director of Reimbursment and entity CFO's, in the timely and accurate filing of cost reports, PIP data, appeals and other required reports and documentation. Also, oversees the preparation of related monthly financial statement data and the quarterly reserve analyses for all hospital entities.
- o Net Patient Revenue: Budget Projections – Provide oversight, in conjunction with the MCO, in the development of the net patient revenue budget projections in coordination with entity CFO’s.
- o AD HOC Analyses and Information Requests – Provide leadership in the processing of data requests from appropriate sources. Develop and implement systems and processes to ensure timely and accurate information.
- o Physician Reimbursement – Provide leadership in the development of accurate, consistent and timely Physician Reimbursement Services reports.
- o Financial Support: - Fills financial leadership role in entities with CFO vacancies.
- Strategic Decision Support - Manages coordination of project plans for Decision Support System:
- o Program planning and Port-folio analysis
- o Individual project teams
- o Overall implementation
- o Finance Redesign
- Other Duties
- o Serve as Corporate Finance liaison to the UPHS Chief Information Officer.
- o Ensure Corporate Finance information technology strategy is updated to reflect evolving needs.
- o Lead development of a UPHS cost management methodology to align with the future needs of the Health System (e.g., hospital reengineering needs).
- o Perform special projects as requested.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and Two years of experience in a medical office setting or Customer Service experience.
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College-level coursework in business, accounting, or health care administration strongly preferred.
5+ years A minimum of five years of experience in a medical office setting or Customer Service experience. Specific knowledge of precertification requirements, CMS medical necessity required, and third party billing knowledge is ideal. Experience with spreadsheet and word processing software preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE