Job ID: 172100
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2023
Work Schedule: Variable
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Supervisor Ambulatory Access Center
• Responsible for all aspects of individual Practice Queues, including customer and patient satisfaction, personnel management, quality management, change management, and workforce planning and staff development.
• Responsible for proactively collaborating with Senior Supervisor, Manager, administrative and practice leadership for their individual Practice Queues on an ongoing basis, to ensure each parties’ needs are met, to troubleshoot issues as needed, and to plan for and address practice changes that impact scheduling processes or call volume.
• Responsible for ensuring that all areas within their individual Practice Queues achieve agreed upon practice specific and CPUP overall performance and service targets. This includes proactively diagnosing root causes when areas are not achieving performance and service targets, defining and implementing action steps to achieve improved performance, and communicating with the Manager, administrative and practice leadership for their individual Practice Queues on an ongoing basis.
• Responsible for proactively communicating with the Manager regarding status of operations, potential issues that may arise, a plan to resolve issues, and leveraging the scheduling expertise in the CPUP Ambulatory Access Center.
• Collaborates with the Senior Management team to ensure staffing needs are met as well as productivity guidelines are followed.
• Prepare reports for Manager on departmental activities, which include staff productivity, Individual queue performance, attendance and behavioral statistics and project updates.
• Coordinates monthly/daily staff departments meetings.
• Responsible for Quality Assurance for designated departments
• Must provide assistance with day to day responsibilities regarding answering incoming patient calls, practice reports, MPM messages and voice mailbox retrievals.
• Comply with all HIPAA and JCAHO regulations
• Personnel and Operational management experience
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Thoughtful and practical approach to problem-solving
• Must be Proficient in all versions of Microsoft office suite.
• Strong commitment to achieving meaningful, positive outcomes
• Experience analyzing and monitoring performance
Education or Equivalent Experience:
• College degree Preferred
• At least 1+ years relevant work experience with progressive responsibilities in position(s) held with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
• Experience in healthcare / Patient Access preferred
• Must be effective at analyzing and monitoring data to manage individual staff performance and individual queue performance.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.