Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Patient Liaison - PPMC
Job ID: 172993
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 22, 2023
Work Schedule: shift 1
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Serves as the voice of the patient. This role emphasizes the receiving and resolving of patient complaints, compliments, service referrals and patient request and entry of feedback information in our patient feedback system. Answers or directs inquiries to appropriate personnel while ensuring the satisfaction of providers and patients through positive interactions. Provides information related to overall questions. Partners with all departments in Penn Medicine to embrace and encourage patient satisfaction. Provides written response to patients/families in accordance with CMS/JCAHO requirements.
- Provides support to the Office of Patient Experience with emphasis on the integration of administrative/clerical/receptionist activities, database management, and participation in the receipt, review and resolution of patient feedback, including, but not limited to patient requests, complaints, and grievances.
- Responsible for coordinating activities of the Patient Advocate office including special projects as assigned by the Lead of the Patient Advocate office.
- Responsible for intake of initial information regarding patient/family feedback and entering data into the patient feedback tracking system in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Greets patients and visitors in-person or by telephone, answers and/or directs inquiries to appropriate personnel while ensuring the satisfaction of providers and patients through positive interactions.
- Continually keeps the Lead Patient Advocate of Patient Experience informed of new developments.
- Works with the Data Systems Specialist to create reports from the patient feedback tracking system.
- Provides information related to overall patient and staff questions.
- Requires the ability to multi-task and strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Provides coverage as needed for patient visitation in the ED, PACU, and other areas due to hospital needs or in emergency management situations.
- Provides advocacy services for consumers under the Patient’s Bill of Rights.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 2+ years High School Diploma required, Associates Degree preferred. 2+ years of direct customer service experience. 1-5+ years’ experience providing administrative support.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE