Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Infusion Nurse - Cherry Hill
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 171791
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Shift 1
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Infusion RN works closely with the interdisciplinary health care team to facilitate coordination of care across the continuum. The Nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized patient care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety and age appropriate consideration of assigned patients. The Nurse will also use advanced clinical skills to perform health assessments relating to the chemotherapy plan and triages patients according to assessments that include such areas as emotional response, physical status, acuity, response to treatment, potential complications and educational needs of the patient and their family. The Nurse actively seeks and provides feedback for improved clinical practice, and demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, goals and the care delivery system. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Collects and analyzes significant data to assure the development of an integrated plan of nursing care for patients with complex oncologic problems.
- Identifies goals for patient care pertinent to patient populations with specialized needs and problems.
- Independently coordinates and implements plan of care through a prioritized series of complex nursing interventions.
- Analyzes the relationship between patient problems, intended outcomes and actual outcomes.
- Evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise in the delivery of patient care
- Utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, collaborate with the interprofessional team, mitigate error and support decision making across the continuum.
- Effectively engages in teamwork and cooperation in an effort to provide safe, quality outcomes for patients.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- BLS/ CPR as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association.
- Registered Nurse - NJ (Required)
- New Jersey State Nurses License
- ONS Chemotheraphy Certified (Required)
- ONS chemotherapy/biotherapy provider card within 3 months of hire
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
2+ years Clinical professional nurse experience with one year clinical oncology experience
ONC strongly preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE