Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Manager Advanced EHR Education Team
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 172052
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Responsible for direction, management, and coordination of the Advanced EHR Education Team and their activities, including design, development and execution of a comprehensive education plan to support optimal EHR use and strategic direction for ongoing advanced education in the organization. The role assumes responsibility for oversight of Ambulatory, Inpatient, and Enterprise-wide advanced education, direction on the ongoing education and support strategy, and leverages analytics to measure success. Working under limited supervision, this individual will be the primary point of contact for the Advanced EHR Education Team and a key liaison with stakeholders, including physician leadership, Penn Medicine IS, vendor partners and end users.
- Work closely with Penn Medicine Physician leadership and other key stakeholders to meet the EHR-related ongoing and issue-based end user clinical education and support needs of Penn Medicine.
- Assure EHR support for new providers/end users, ongoing advanced support, and project or issue based support needs.
- Strategically evaluate and recommend education strategies for clinical use of PennChart, including standardization of workflows where appropriate.
- Align and maximize the existing PennChart clinical education resources and tools to support new hospital partnerships and onboarding of new practices into Penn Medicine.
- Assure a clear, supportable, value-added, post-basic curriculum is designed and delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Assure an effective schedule and support structure for curriculum development and delivery, including provider sign up and training materials.
- Partner closely with IS in the refinement and coordination of basic and advanced education programs and curriculum.
- Collaborate with IS to manage the build and maintenance of all training environments to include Epic MST, Knowledge Link, and any other systems used to train registration and scheduling.
- Direct and manage the activities of the Advanced EHR Education Team.
- Ensure that all Educators maintain competency and a high level of credibility with end users.
- Develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders, team partners, and end users.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 5+ years experience with EMR, practice operations in a healthcare environment.
2+ years Demonstrated management experience.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE