Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Business Administrator, Graduate Medical Education
Job ID: 173223
Category: Human Resources
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 23, 2023
Work Schedule: 8:30AM-5:00PM, M-F |Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Manage all business and financial aspects of the Office of Graduate Medical Education. Provide analytical support and project management to Director of GME and Vice President and Associate Dean of GME in the areas of financial and budgetary functions. Handle all GME affiliation and rotation agreements and function as a liaison to the Office of General Counsel for all contracting issues. Requires interaction with large number of constituents groups including faculty, program directors, program coordinators, house staff, UPHS Finance, Office of the General Council, and UPHS Corporate. Manage and coordinate reporting compliance of accredited and non-accredited Graduate Medical Education programs.
- Assist the Vice President and Associate Dean (VP-AD) for GME and Director of GME in developing and monitoring annual house staff and GME budgets. Maintain working knowledge of UPHS budget software system
- Assist VP-AD/Director of GME with short- and long-range financial projections and strategic planning
- Audits current procedures for financial tracking, variance analysis, internal control and makes recommendations for improvement
- Collaborate with UPHS Finance to insure Medicare reimbursement is appropriate for ACGME approved training programs
- Supervise and monitor monthly billing function pertaining to meal stipend expense allocations. Prepare monthly accrued expense schedule and deferred expense schedule
- Review and manage corporate and financial systems related to GME revenue and expense. Provide updates of significant issues to VP-AD/Director of GME
- Manage and execute contracts related to residency and fellowship training programs. Work with internal and external programs to ensure legal and programmatic requirements are met
- Monitor all departmental payments including check requests and purchase orders
- Collaboration with the School of Medicine and other departments with Penn Medicine and University in order to facilitate the appropriate management of GME programs
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or its equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with a concentration in Finance or Accounting (Required)
- GME or Healthcare experience (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of computers and computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Teams)
- Must be able to independently compose correspondence with clarity
- Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with Administration, Chairs of Clinical Departments, Program Directors, Institutional and Program Accrediting Agencies and Internal and External regulatory agencies
- Must be highly organized and proficient at managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Quantitative and analytical skills
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE