Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 173566
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 24, 2023
Work Schedule: Full-time Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Serves as a liaison between the patient, family and CCH staff and providers. Assists patients by collaborating on satisfactory solutions to their questions and concerns about their care. Assists CCH staff, providers and leaders in gaining awareness of patients' perceptions of their experiences at CCH.
- Serve as a designated liaison between patients and CCH administration and departments.
- Interpret and explain to patients and their families the policies and procedures of CCH and the health system.
- Advise and facilitate solutions around concerns expressed by patients, in collaboration with departmental staff, providers and leaders.
- Advise, counsel and interact with staff and providers about the concerns expressed by patients, while assisting the staff and providers with being sensitive to the patients’ individualized needs while at CCH.
- Provides/facilitates as needed education and training on Patient Experience, the Grievance/Complaint process and Service Recovery across the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with leaders, providers and staff at all levels to support daily continued improvement for the patient experience in order to mitigate risk.
- May direct patient inquires and concerns to appropriate staff members and may act as an intermediary to CCH administration on behalf of patients and their families.
- Identify and assess communication problems which may arise between the patient and his/her healthcare team.
- Investigates employee complaints and manages charges.
- Encourage understanding and adherence, by staff and patients, to the hospital’s policies concerning Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities.
- Facilitate/participate in patient/Departmental Rounding as part of a proactive approach to Service Recovery and to enhance the patient experience.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Related Field
5 years of experience in hospital or healthcare setting. Knowledge of patient care processes and patient complaint management. Excellent counseling skills to diffuse difficult situations.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE