Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Pharmacy- Valley Forge
Full Time- Day Shift
- Supports all Concierge Service and Specialty Pharmacy related activities including, but not limited to, prescription intake, benefits investigation, prescription dispensing, and bedside or clinic delivery when required. Determines patient's insurance requirements for pre-certification and faxes all information required to insurance companies to ascertain an authorization number for pre-certification for specialty pharmacy and discharge concierge patients. Works closely with Clinical Pharmacists, providers and specialty clinic personnel to ensure medication access to discharge or specialty pharmaceuticals.
- Coordinates patient care as part of a collaborative team with infectious disease (ID) physicians, ID pharmacists and support personnel to service patients discharged on intravenous antibiotics as part of the Infectious Disease Transition Service.
- Works closely with ID pharmacists, ID physicians, and staff from various home infusion companies, rehabilitation centers, and skilled nursing facilities for the coordination of care for patients discharged on intravenous antimicrobials
- Provides follow-up to team members for communication to patients and family in terms of pharmaceuticsal need
- Communicates with internal clinic members to coordinate ID clinic appointment dates
- Works closely with ID providers and staff at home infusion companies and nursing facilities to coordinate integrated patient care between the ID clinic and outside facilities.
- Maintain communication with outside nursing facilities and home infusion companies to ensure appropriate laboratory parameters are being drawn at adequate intervals and the results are being faxed to the ID clinic.
- Faxes all information required to outside facilities to ascertain appropriate antimicrobials are initiated
- Collaborates with ID pharmacists and ID physicians regarding discontinuation of IV antimicrobials and communicates the plan to the outside facility
- Key Team partners include: Clinical Pharmacists, Providers, Medical Assistants, ID Pharmacists, ID physicians, and clinical clerical staff
- CPhT- Certified Pharmacy Tech (Required)
- Certified Pharmacy Technician - PTCB
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- A certified pharmacy technician with at least 3 years of previous experience in a healthcare environment, preferably in a community or hospital based retail environment. Additional experience in obtaining pre-certification in the community retail setting preferred. A background as a financial coordinator would also be considered.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Preferred)
When applying to this position, please upload your current pharmacy technician certification.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.