Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Program Administrator Hospital Medicine PSP
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 173721
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Program Administrator will serve as the administrative leader and business/operations partner to the Penn Specialty Practice lead clinicians of Hospital Medicine, Intensivist, Palliative Care and Behavioral Health. Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating programs and services across multiple entities and departments. Develop and implement complex and multifaceted provider schedules and managing coverage 24/7 including real-time changes related to provider callouts and surge in census. Is responsible for staff management and relationship management with alignment of physician leaders across the section. The Program Administrator works along with the lead clinicians on strategic initiatives including growth, quality and other areas of improvement. The Penn Specialty Practice inpatient program comprises over 60 physicians partnering with 20 advance practice providers (APPs), and non-clinical employees to provide service at 3 hospitals (HUP Cedar, PAH and CCH). The program is also heavily involved in coordinating efforts of the Hospital Medicine Alliance to standardize care across at all UPHS entities.
- Leads all inpatient medicine clinical and staff operations in partnership with lead clinicians with a focus on consistent cross site programmatic operations. This includes but is not limited to relationship building and maintenance with administrative staff to ensure a positive working environment, aligning physician leadership across the section and working closely with designated leaders of other departments and entities to ensure optimum execution of operational and strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for planning, creating and implementing complex multi-layered provider schedules spanning 3 hospitals and multiple services. This includes 24/7 accountability for service coverage including but not limited to real time scheduling changes for sick calls and initiating additional services when hospitals are over capacity. Leads strategic planning for emergency staffing related to vacancies and short and long term leaves.
- Identifies site specific strategic growth opportunities, develops operational plans and implement new programs/services across departments and/or entities. With Section chief leads development of 3-5 year business plans and program growth including restructuring and creation of new services and preparing for expanded service, i.e. opening of new hospital.
- Under direction of the Director of Operations (DOO) leads budget development for hospital medicine as part of the Penn Specialty Practices budget process and participate in Department budget meetings. Directs strategic planning for inpatient incentives to optimize payments and manage expenditures. Oversee all moonlighting, tracks and reports activities and costs. Ensures timecards are managed appropriately and providers are paid accurately.
- Partners with Provider Recruitment and Onboarding to assure accountability for open physician and advance practice provider positions and tracking of vacancies. Leads design of job descriptions for new positions. Develops staffing solutions to promote faculty well-being and ensure smooth operations during service model transitions. Develop recruitment documents for hires including pro formas.
- Collects data and appropriate information for quality metrics. Leads the development of dashboards for monthly quality reports which tracks changes in LOS, readmission, patient experience and other quality metrics. Oversees efforts to improve optimal billing practices and monitor trends. Oversees data-driven initiatives of inpatient medicine clinical practices to align with entity and health system strategic priorities.
- Coordinates efforts of group participation in UPHS Hospital Alliance which includes all UPHS Sections of Hospital Medicine. Assist is resource management and planning between workgroups as needed for effective participation of in program wide initiatives. Participate on workgroups to support program wide efforts.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Major/Area of study: Healthcare Administration or related field
5+ years relevant experience in program management and/or administration, ideally within a healthcare environment
- Master of Arts or Science
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE