Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Job ID: 172419
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 1, 2023
Work Schedule: 8hr Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide executive level administrative support to the Department Chair, COO, and COS, anticipating and executing upon those needs. The EA will coordinate among management team members and within the organization on behalf of the executive team to align current activities with priorities. S/he will obtain and transmit information to executive team from within the organization to assist in furthering priorities, as well as filter communications of executive team and prioritize communications for executive review. S/he will serve as liaison between department executives, faculty, administrators, and PSOM, UPHS staff and leadership, and leadership and staff of external entities. The EA will act as the point person for the department's faculty, responding to various inquiries and resolving issues. The EA will work to execute the initiatives and maximize efforts of executives. The EA will oversee administrative support staff to ensure the efficient operation of the Chair's Suite.
This position is located within the Radiation Oncology Department
- Serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams. Organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts. Communicates directly, and on behalf of the ED, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others, on matters related to ED’s programmatic initiatives.
- Works independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Establishes meeting dates for the year including direct report updates, Board meetings, Leadership meetings, and Town Hall Meetings. Distributes schedule to meeting attendees and their assistants. Reserves conference rooms, orders refreshments, and audio/visual equipment as appropriate for all scheduled meetings. Communicates any pertinent meeting information to attendees and their assistants. Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings, off-site meetings, and all staff meetings. Confirms attendance of guests at meetings and distributes agenda to meeting guests. Records meeting minutes as required. Maintains log of meeting dates which includes list of agenda items and guests to utilize for future dates.
- Gathers information necessary to create reports and correspondence for Executive Director. Composes and prepares correspondence that is sometimes confidential. Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders. Copies and distributes outgoing reports and correspondence. Maintains filing system.
- Prepares professional presentations for the ED utilizing PowerPoint, publisher and other desktop publication applications, as well as producing information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, text, data and graphics.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas. Compiles documents for travel-related meetings. Completes time-off, disbursement and expense forms accurately and timely as appropriate.
- Receives and screens visitors. Handles routine calls and refers others to the appropriate personnel. Responds to inquiries.
- Handles the coordination of incoming mail including opening, stamping, and sorting daily mail. Tracks incoming and outgoing mail for signature as appropriate. Ensures that mail requiring timely response is brought to the attention of the Executive Director.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S Diploma and 5+ years of related experience, prior experience supporting a senior level executive, project coordination.
- Associates degree preferred and 2+ years of Health care academic environment preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE