Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Supervisor Patient Access @Penn Presbyterian ED Dept (Evenings 3pm-11:30pm)
Job ID: 172561
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2023
Work Schedule: Evening (3pm-11:30pm)
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for supervision of frontline operations with a customer service focus in the functional areas of Admissions, Business Office, Central Registration and Emergency Department Access. Primary responsibilities will include supervising front line staff to include Insurance Verification Representatives, Patient Service Associates or Registrars that perform such tasks as registration in one of the Patient Access functional areas. Key duties for the functions areas will include registration and/or verification of services for same day surgical procedures, pre-admission testing, urgent/direct and emergency patient admissions or pre-admissions testing. These functions will also include personnel, patient registration and cash collections.
- Directs operational activities of staff performing departmental functions.
- Recognize and acknowledge employee efforts and success, and encourages open discussions.
- Monitors current industry data collection and insurance charges and develops training and communication systems for the charges.
- Monitors performance of PennChart workques to ensure prompt and accurate registration, insurance and billing inquiries.
- Working knowledge of registration / insurance verification systems functionality and updates.
- Collaborates with Manager in developing annual work plan and goals for department including developmental goals and succession plans for staff within the overall Patient Access Department.
- Maintain communication with and provide education to all involved departments included but not limited to Admissions, Central Registration, ED Registration, Business Office, case managers, medical staff and designees.
- Demonstrate appropriate and professional verbal/written communication skills to healthcare providers and 3rd party payors.
- Administers specific job performance monitoring tools consistent with the Patient Access areas to measure meet key quality departmental, PPMC, and Penn Medicine standards. Incorporates information from these tools into employee performance management instruments and learning plans.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate of Arts or Science
- Business/Healthcare Administration or related field
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years Supervisory experience preferably in a hospital patient access department with multiple areas of registration.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE