Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Nutrition Support Services Manager
Job ID: 174362
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2023
Work Schedule: Full-time Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- This role will have responsibility for directly supervising Clinical Dietitians, Clinical Dietitian Specialists, and Advanced Practice Clinical Dietitian Specialists. In conjunction with the Director, the Clinical Nutrition Support Services Manager is responsible for the administrative and operational management of Clinical Nutrition Support Services at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Penn Medicine at Rittenhouse. Ensures that the department and hospital mission, goals and strategic initiatives are achieved. Contributes to program management and activities that assure high quality, effective, evidence based nutrition services including clinical nutrition care and the delivery of professional nutrition services. Assists the Director with oversight of all department activities including personnel management, regulatory readiness, committee representation, Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement and department/inter-departmental projects and initiatives.
- Patient Care Processes (in partnership with Director)
- Participates in policy and practice guideline development that supports high quality, efficient and effective clinical processes.
- Assists in data collection/analysis related to clinical program/service performance and outcomes and assists in the development of action plans to address improvement/growth.
- Ensures staff compliance to assessment and reassessment policy requirements.
- Recognizes staff value and clinical expertise by soliciting proactive staff feedback when proposing new policies/process changes prior to implementation
- May provide direct patient care in the event of an emergent staffing need
- Staff Development/Human Resources
- Provides oversight for all human resource activities for assigned staff including on boarding, orientation, mentoring, and performance appraisals.
- Provides oversight of certification (CDR) and licensure verification procedures for department.
- Provides oversight for scheduling and processes payroll.
- Partner with the Director to provide professional staff development and mentoring.
- Addresses performance deficits immediately and directly and develops plans for improvement. Regulatory Compliance
- Assists the Director in ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulatory standards and requirements including TJC, DOH, CMS.
- Remains abreast of regulatory standards.
- Professional activities/competency
- Assists Advanced Practice Specialist in the coordination of department professional education programs with specific focus on attaining outside CE program support and evaluating staff participation and contributions.
- Collaborates with Advanced Practice Clinical Dietitian Specialist in managing initial competency assessment and annual/ongoing competency program.
- Contributes to the evaluation of staff competency through clinical audit reviews.
- Provides coordination of professional training programs/student activities.
- Is expected to engage in professional activities to maintain competency and continually advance knowledge in order to provide effective clinical leadership.
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- Participates in the QAPI planning and data collection and/or analysis.
- Assists director in developing and implementing interventions to achieve goals.
- May represent department on hospital QAPI Committee in absence of the director.
- Nutrition Leadership
- In collaboration with Director, participates in hospital committees, workgroups or projects that require nutrition representation and coordinates work effort required to support these initiatives.
- Keeps director informed of committee activities.
- Is responsive to committee requests and provides effective representation of department needs and services
- Provides leadership to non-direct report staff in the absence of the director.
- Financial/Business Management
- Assists with budget planning for operational needs.
- Maintains fiscal responsibility.
- Supports director as needed in the review or generation of monthly revenue reports.
- Processes operational and clinical reports as assigned and notifies Director of variances in performance.
- Reviews, analyzes and provides staff level feedback of productivity.
- Assists Director with leadership of departmental work plans to achieve goals/performance targets.
- Works closely with other clinical departments to ensure delivery of high quality patient care.
- Lcnsd Dietician-Nutritionist (Required)
- Registered Dietitian (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited didactic program in dietetics
- Must have at least 5 years of clinical practice experience
- At least 5 years of experience in clinical nutrition management/leadership in acute care facility, preferred
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- Nutrition/Business/Health administration/Business administration/public health/organizational dynamics or related area of study
- Accredited Dietetic Internship Program or Individualized Supervised Practice Pathway (ISPP) in Clinical Nutrition Science, Food service management (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE