Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a per diem certified labor & delivery tech to work the night shift.
- The Labor and Delivery Tech performs a wide range of technological duties by:
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of the principles of infection control, aseptic technique, and sterilization. Applies these skills appropriately.
- Acquiring and maintaining the knowledge to assist the surgeon during surgical procedures.
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of surgical procedures, instrumentation, and equipment.
- Scrub on surgical procedures
- Practices aseptic technique, utilizes disinfection and sterilization principles, and maintains universal precautions.
- Circulates under the direct supervision of a registered nurse and within the scope of practice of a surgical technician.
- Stocking unit
- Operates equipment per guidelines/policy.
- Maintains and acquires knowledge of instruments including identification, proper use, and appropriate decontamination and disinfection/sterilization.
- Maintains competency and updates skills.
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
- Maintains standards of confidentiality.
- Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards.
- Participates in departmental in-service education, required programs and staff meeting.
- Assist RN staff with set up for deliveries.
- Transport equipment and necessary supplies for deliveries not in labor rooms (ie: warmer, light, stools)
- Check for outdated equipment, sutures and supplies.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- BLS Required
- Certified Surgical Technologist (Required)
- Surgical Technologist Certification required within 6 months of hire
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- High school graduate or equivalent - required At least one year related work experience - preferred
- Other (Required)
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program - required
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.