Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Services Supervisor CCA
Job ID: 173340
Work Type: FT
Location: Lansdale, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2023
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Location: Penn Primary Care Lansdale - 1970 North Broad Street
- Under the direction of the Senior Practice Manager, the Clinical Services Supervisor is responsible for clinical leadership of the daily activates in the practice. Incumbent is responsible for direct oversight of all Medical Assistants and Triage Nurses.
- Clinical Services
- Responsible for ensuring clinic services are provided in safe, efficient, and competent manner. Develop/update present systems and monitoring for clinic flow, equipment maintenance, supply availability, environmental safety, etc.
- Provide ongoing assessment of needs with consideration of future directions for clinical services, capacity for patient services, and staffing needs in conjunction with other leadership. Direct involvement in strategic planning for future expansion related to the department.
- Ensures delivery of patient care, by self and clinical team, is safe, competent, and individualized within established guidelines and policies
- Reviews clinical documentation for compliance, provides staff education, oversees the POCT processes.
- Responsible for investigation and resolution of any safety net related to the clinical practice.
- Participates in patient care as needed; including: medication and prescription refills, in-person and telephonic clinical triage, chart reviews, review of lab results, patient/family education regarding procedures, medications, diagnosis, and care plans: charts all interactions and observations accordingly.
- Maintains clinical leadership knowledge by participating in nursing and medical conferences and activities
- Department Management
- Manages and supervises the delivery of care by the Nursing and Medical Assistant staff. Utilizes available staff to provide optimal delivery of care. Evaluates patient schedules and ensures staffing levels are adequate for patient needs and department operations.
- Serves as manager to nursing and medical assistant staff: interviews and selects new clinical staff for the practice, orients all new hires and maintains competency of all clinical staff, performance management, staff development, accurately records time worked in eStar, holds self and staff accountable to established expectations.
- Ensures optimal patient flow. Addresses needs of practice and escalates operational issues to Administrator.
- Orders clinical supplies/equipment and/or provides oversight of ordering requisitions maintaining adequate inventory while focusing on cost-containment and budgetary controls.
- Serves as a teacher and role model for clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Delegates duties to appropriate staff according to licensure and training. Oversees the work of the clinical staff in the practice. Instructs clinical staff on any new procedures.
- Makes assessments and develops plans for effective utilization of staff. Develops standard staffing guidelines with nursing staff and assists with lead physician, cleared by leadership staff as needed with scheduling.
- Develops and implements process for appropriate triage of all clinical calls.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Advanced Practice Nurse (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED and 7+ years' experience as a practical nurse (Required).
- Completion of an accredited school of practical nursing
- 3+ years Managerial experience, ideally in a fast-paced healthcare setting preferred (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE