Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Lead AR Rep
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 173344
Work Type: FT
Location: Lansdale, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Location: Penn Primary Care Lansdale - 1970 North Broad Street
- The Lead Accounts Receivable (AR) Representative is responsible for providing leadership to the accounts receivable staff, and oversees the AR process, and resolves issues in order to ensure accurate and timely payment of accounts.
- Accounts Receivable Responsibilities
- Responsible for facilitating maximized revenue for the department by managing strategies to collect monies from third party payers
- Efficiently and effectively manages Accounts Receivable using work queues.
- Proactively works with co-workers to collect on monies due as part of patient responsibility.
- Identifies and tracks third party rejection types to determine rejection patterns
- Reviews, processes and challenges all rejection and code changes
- Monitors changes to third party reimbursement policies and billing procedures. Informs and/or recommends changes to billing policies to manager.
- Manages procedures to identify invoices which should be further appealed through proper channels.
- Meets regularly with manager to review status of A/R, special projects, and problematic or unusual accounts, issues related to timely filing, third-party complaints, and potential legal issues. and issues related to timely filing.
- Reviews Indicator and Productivity Reports with manager and identifies areas for improvement.
- Receives and responds to all correspondence, telephone calls and other inquiries from designated carriers and patients.
- Reviews and provides chart documentation as needed for claim processing and payment.
- Lead Responsibilities
- Clearly defines work expectations and continually provides guidance and support to team members
- Reports performance issues to supervisor and works with them on how to appropriately handle
- Assists staff members in addressing challenges and skill deficits
- Assigns work that uses staff skills and talents, provides responsibility and challenge, allows for creativity, and offers leadership opportunities.
- Establishes and ensures effective and ongoing communications
- Perform monthly quality review of staff output, looking for opportunities to improve quality or efficiency
- Provides leadership to accounts receivable staff for assigned work queue(s). Identifies, reports, and resolves issues that will result in accurate and timely payment of accounts
- Review and approve staff bad debt write-offs up to a specified limit
- Complete month end procedures/reporting
- Manage departmental WQs – patient, follow up, coding, credit, and enrollment and coordinate work flow within queues with Manager
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years' experience in physician billing operations and accounts receivable management. M
- Must pass any required exams for EMR access
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE