Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Sr HR Business Partner
Job ID: 174641
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2023
Work Schedule: Full time day shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
The Sr Human Resources Business Partner will provide strategic HR consulting to assigned client groups to influence, develop and integrate human capital strategies in support of organizational goals and operating conditions; provides subject matter expertise and consultation on HR matters including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, compliance, and workforce planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners and consults with leaders of assigned business units to identify strategic HR practices and programs in support of operating objectives.
- Designs and applies organizational development and change management strategies that influence organizational change in support of intradepartmental and organization-wide strategy.
- Provides guidance and recommendations related to workforce planning, succession planning and other talent acquisition, development, engagement and retention plans.
- Identifies leadership development needs and collaborates with business unit leaders to coordinate resources, training programs and other strategies to support development goals.
- Participates on departmental committees and/or work groups on process improvement strategies; also participates in/supports organization-wide improvement activities.
- Provides consultation and oversight to department leaders on employee relations matters especially more complex matters involving allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment and/or workplace violence.
- Provides coaching and education to departmental leaders as needed.
- Serves as primary HR contact for assigned business units for all HR services and collaborates with functional areas to respond to business unit and team member needs (i.e., leaves of absence management, compensation strategies, etc.); partners with HR functional areas to communicate, implement and/or develop organization-wide programs and policies.
- Ensures timely, accurate and sufficient HR-related communications to all levels within assigned business units.
- Participates regularly in departmental leadership and all staff meetings for assigned business units.
- Serves as compliance leader for assigned business units to ensure regulatory, legal and policy compliance for all HR-related areas including coordination of routine audits and plans of correction; compliance areas include but not be limited to: pre-employment activities, orientation and onboarding, licenses and certifications, performance management, annual education, immunization, etc.
- Directs or participates in team member engagement and recognition activities within assigned business units and organization-wide.
- Facilitates training and other education for assigned business units as needed.
- Works on special projects and serves as subject matter expert within HR to assist in development of and implementation of organization-wide HR strategy and programming.
Education Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required with Master's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
- Experience working within a highly complex, integrated organization required. Healthcare experience with knowledge of applicable laws and regulations preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a multifaceted Human Resources Generalist or Employee Relations role with an increasing level of responsibility required.
- Supervisory or management experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated acumen in project management, leading in a collaborative nature, managing multiple priorities and strategic thinking needed.
- Experience investigating employee events required.
- Experience/training in dispute resolution preferred.
- Personal characteristics including professional presentation and style, flexibility and resilience and dedication to service excellence.
PHR/SPHR strongly preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE