Job ID: 140224
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Mar 3, 2023
Work Schedule: Full-time Day Shift
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Working under moderate supervision the BMET II is responsible for assisting in maintaining Biomedical and related equipment that supports the Clinical Engineering operations.
· Maintain, repair and calibrate patient care medical devices.
· Perform quality assurance inspections in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and manufacturer recommendations.
· Maintain vendor-recommended preventive maintenance program.
· Maintain a cost-effective inventory, utilizing second sources, of replacement materials required to service and maintain medical devices within the facilities.
· Maintain appropriate service and calibration documentation in accordance with applicable laws and standards.
· Assist with training of clinical personnel on user operation and maintenance of equipment, as needed.
· Recommend the use of outside service personnel, as required.
· Provide technical training to all other Biomedical Equipment Technicians (BMET) concerning patient care medical devices.
· Attend pertinent service and training seminars as required, to enhance skill level and decrease device operational costs, post warranty.
· Assist with the acceptance inspections, the relocation of existing, and with the installation of new equipment when required.
· Attend Biomedical Engineering Department (BME) Department and Medical Services Division staff meetings.
· Special projects as assigned by Manager.
· Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
· Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
· H.S. Diploma/GED and 2+ years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment, required.
· Associate's Degree in Applied Science or related field, preferred.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
· AAMI certification, preferred
· Valid Driver's License (if required by assignment)
· Car Insurance (if required by assignment)
· Use of a personal vehicle (if required by assignment)
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.